Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Fanirish

the base level for a show in particular. An agent goes through a venue map with promoter, sets the price levels for each section, row and agrees what % is going platinum, vip, gold circle etc.

they then know what the total revenue that can be generated from the show and may adjust the prices of various sections.

platinum and dynamic pricing are too completely different things.

platinum tickets for want of a better term are “last chance/better view tickets”. Promoter/agent agree that x tickets in certain sections will be sold as platinum at set prices above the standard price in the section. No extras given bar better view or being the last available tickets in say standing.

dynamic pricing is set % of tickets fluctuating in price above the standard price for that section based on demand at the given moment in time. Similar to airline/hotels charging above a base standard charge based on the demand for a particular day/time.

dynamic has not been used in ireland to any great extent and is not being used for Taylor Swift I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Precisely @paulieeye 20 and 30 euro flights are an actual thing, where is the 20/30 euro tickets for an arena or stadium act?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Ok, I didnt know that Platinum and dynamic pricing are 2 different things.

But they both result in higher prices due to supply and demand, right?

My point is that it is not the same as flights as you can get lower prices with dynamic pricing with flights, e.g. €20 to London on a Tuesday afternoon. But you cant with gigs. The price does not go down, it only goes up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

It goes back to basic supply and demand in economics. For a gig last week I paid €100 because I really wanted to go to the gig, and would pay the asking price (within reason). For Ed Sheeran, I wasn't too pushed but would have liked to go. I didn't buy a ticket, but held out until the day of the gig last year, and got a ticket for a stadium act for €30, as there was an oversupply on the market at that stage.

If we are willing to keep paying the prices as set by promoters, they will keep gouging the prices. Whilst it may not suit our agenda, that is essentially their purpose - to make as much profit for the artist as possible. It would take some sort of "stay-away" protest to alter things, but that will not happen. For me, gigs are my social life. I will not give up on that. On the other hand, I will very seldom give into the rising ticket prices, and will scrounge away at those selling tickets on second-hand.

Thats all well and good but you'd have to buy the ticket off someone and not ticket master as TM wont drop the price. But ticketmaster now control the resell market by the advent of moving QR codes and disable the transfer options on a whim. I got caught with this for Kaleidoscope festival few weeks back. Had agreed a cheaper ticket off someone on toutless (due to it not selling out as in your example) but they couldnt transfer as TM had disabled the transfer option!

Once that resale option is disabled then the only way to sell a non hardcopy ticket is to give someone your TM login details, which I dont think many people want to do to a random person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,396 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dohboy

Went to her in Croker last time and will go again but not interested in all this palaver. Will wait until next year to see what tickets are floating about. I'm sure they'll be loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Really?? I have heard them threaten this non-transfer thing for some time, but then during the few days prior to the gig, it gets enabled again, and the transfers can take place. I wonder was Kaleidoscope the only time this happened; or were there other gigs?

well I think with that it was because it was Fri morning and I buying a weekend ticket, so there is probably a cut off in terms of the event start time that you can transfer.

But if that was prior to moving QR codes I would of been able to buy that ticket. The guy selling wanted to wait to see if he could get more and he waited to long and was left losing everything.

But point is that TM control the resale now un less you have a hardcopy. So I suppose dont wait til the very last minute if you are trying to sell or buy, or buy a hardcopy if you are unsure if you can attend

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dohboy

I've bought TM tickets at the last minute off people on Toutless where they've transferred it without issue. I don't think this is a problem. You can transfer tickets to anyone else with a TM account afaik, not just if you are selling one on. You could have a spare ticket that you want to give to a friend for free, TM can't stop you passing it on surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They can, and have. It all depends on the gig. Sometimes the transfer option is there from the moment you buy a ticket, sometimes it appears the week before the gig, sometimes it doesn't appear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

So long as TM transfer is available tickets can be sold anywhere (Twickets is my favourite). Springsteen tickets weren’t available until a week before, after which loads went up for sale so that even if you missed out on the original sale, you could easily have got tickets the week prior.

For Swift I’d guess it’ll be the same as Springsteen.

From ticketmaster site:

========================================

Ticket transfer isn’t available in my account

We’ll provide the option to transfer eTickets whenever we can, but it isn’t available for every event at the moment – it can vary depending on the event.

If you don’t see the option in your account, this means that the transfer facility isn’t currently available. It may be made available nearer the time, but unfortunately this isn’t something we can guarantee or confirm in advance – we can only advise to keep checking back to your account.

If transfer isn’t available, this means that your entire group will need to arrive together for the event and the tickets can only be accessed from your account.

========================================

Basically, they control it so you can get caught out

Course there will, 200,000 tickets or so being sold. Being totally honest with any big gig you could save yourself the stress and just pick up a ticket the week before (can get a bargain on tickets if not sold out too).

You didn't buy the ticket from the official source, TM sold the ticket to whoever for the set price regardless your benefit it wasn't on their behalf.

They can and they do.

Terms and conditions on resale tickets states no option to refund or resell again...you are beholden to it.

Basically if they release holds/more desirable tickets your flexibility it highly restricted. Unbel really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Platinum and dynamic tickets only account for a minuscule number of the millions of tickets sold in ireland in a given year. essentially only the most popular shows that promoter/agents think are guaranteed sell outs.

platinum is being used more and more for shows but again there are usually just for “the best view” seats in a particular venue. It should really be called premium seat but the customer is usually getting a tangibly better product for a lot more money.

platinum tickets affect the overall standard price. promoters agree guaranteed fees with agents and they bake in the income from platinum etc when figuring out pricing.

the customer doesn’t see the difference before and after platinum.

Say for example a band in olympia like the pixies. Whose fee might be €75k a night.

promoter might have agreed with agent that 200 tickets each night would be platinum at €150. Whereas standard was €75.

promoters gets in extra €15,000 over what they would of got it sold at standard and this gives them slack to charge slightly less to reach the guarantee they need to pay over.

if it was only one price charged then they might of needed to charge everyone €80/€85 to hit the guarantee/profit %.

if you think that promoters will "charge slightly less to reach the guarantee they need" you are delusional. They charge an ever increasing base rate but now with the option of charging even more for high demand shows.

There is nothing to show that gigs have gotten cheaper due to the addition of platinum seats or dynamic pricing. Only that prices have gone up for high demand shows. If you can somehow show me that the base rate for shows have gotten cheaper please do.

Platinum seats "should really be called premium seat"...this is just factually incorrect, a platinum seat could be next to a normal price seat in the same section with the same view. There is no difference between a platinum seat and normal seat other than the price.

So as I said, with the addition of platinum tickets and dynamic pricing, the price does not go down, it only goes up. And thats why it is different to flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"Platinum is being used more and more for shows but again there are usually just for “the best view” seats in a particular venue. It should really be called premium seat but the customer is usually getting a tangibly better product for a lot more money."

The key word here is "usually." Recently, there were Platinum priced tickets listed for Lana Del Rey in Block G of the 3Arena. Seats at an acute angle, which likely meant that the rear screens weren't fully visible. Not a "tangibly better product," but a noticeably worse product.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just on that last point, their "fan guarantee" allows you to upgrade if better seats get released. It's a hassle, you'll have to get on to chat, buy the new ones, request a refund on the old ones. They don't publicise it, but if you do see better seats and you can be bothered with the process, it is possible

How does that work with guaranteeing price and fees are met, 100% coz if not its still clearly highly restrictive in comparison to a refund or exchange.

Nope extremely false info or perhaps simply not understanding my post.

If you buy from the general ticket section well then that applies for sure.

Customer service should not be a "hassle". You'll be charged 6 quid for it too in the situation you can change.

If you buy a resale or Platinum ticket you certainly won't be trading for money back for a better/or cheaper desired ticket it's covered in the very first line of the policy...varies depending on the ticket and event circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Worth noting that Fan Guarantee is limited to 24 hour period after your initial purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Jesus, keep your britches on. Yeah, I meant standard tickets could be changed so them blocking transfers wouldn't necessarily mean you couldn't jump at better tickets. Didn't realise you only meant resale tickets

And yeah, customer service shouldn't be a hassle. I was in no way sticking up for ticketmaster, they're scum and dealing with them is horrific. I just thought people may not know the option was there, as they keep it quiet

That's for a refund. The upgrade option is (theoretically) good until 3 days before the event. I only know because I did it yesterday. Like I say though, it's a hassle

Haha like I understood you may have mistook, me jocks aren't coming off over ya, no issue.

Ya was purely on resale ticket, they happy to make money selling on but don't offer the same conditions as a first time ticket buyer even though the source was ultimately still them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its ludicrous that a company the size of Ticketmaster still doesnt have a phone number.

They shut it down during Covid as they sacked a load of staff and wanted to make it as difficult as possible for people to contact them seeking refunds for postponed events.

They should be reprimanded over this.

Theres a nice warm place in hell for the likes of Michael Rapino and co.

Use sites like Twickets which are no less restrictive than TM resale

Not sure what you are trying to say or if it's relevant. Use site?

Twickets have zero link to where the primary goods were bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭jams100

I paid about €25 (including fees) for a standard ticket to the Vamps in the 3Arena late last year. Possible but certainly not the norm

Advertisement