Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Can you post the video? The whole ticketmaster set up is a shambles, isn’t it because of Taylor they brought this new system in.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Had she any support act(s) before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Jizique

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

good enough live feed to get a feel for the music

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Thanks for the tip, that stream was actually decent in parts! Fairplay to that guy for running it and all the people who streamed, at one stage there was over 70 thousand people watching! Coincidentally got an email that BBC will be doing a free live stream of Coldplay at Glastonbury tomorrow night. Of course watching a stream is nowhere near the experience of being there but at least it takes the sting from not being able to get tickets to either concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Lavenderhaze

It was on livestream but here is one example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭smallgarden

One of her eras tour concerts is on Disney plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The issue seems to be the concert capacity, which is the same as that for matches, 51,700.

However you could get 15k on the pitch and the North stand only holds ~2-3k.

So with Taylors stage setup, you could sell all the seats in the other 3 stands and the pitch which would be ~ 63-64k.

The stadium could hold another 12 thousand people but because of red tape its seriously hindered it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snodge

This is what is showing up for me…even though I am logging in with the account and email linked to the code I got last year…Anyone else having similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,655 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

In fairness- if everyone gets home safely, that’s good considering the age profile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭marilynrr

Earlier in the thread people said that those who got the codes last year seemed to be locked out this time, the codes seem to work but only for people who were waitlisted….but your code might work if you know anyone who has a waitlisted account you could log in with.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,080 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NEWBIEGRL8

If by some miracle anyone has only used their code to buy 2 tickets could you share your code with me to help me get 2 tickets.? 🙏

I’m like a zombie at this stage from lack of sleep between avoiding scammers and searching Facebook groups for legit ticket sellers. Genuine Swiftie that never got off the waitlist. Thank youb

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Nobody here talking about the actual show surprisingly enough, was there no boardsie with a ticket for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

I don’t think the venue holds 65k like suggested. The highest attendance for a concert so far officially (I think) is 52k.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The show was phenomenal, I mean I knew what to expect but it still doesn't quite prepare you for it. It is a show of epic proportions.

Went from about 19:15 to 22:35.

The noise from the crowd was unreal.

We were pitch standing, plenty of room at the back and still a great view. When Taylor comes to the very front of the stage she is quite close.

The staging is brilliant, people might have been happy with restricted views but to not see those elements of it would take away from it for me. In saying that though, if I didn't have a ticket I'd have happily sat in some of them.

If anyone is going don't buy water, after a while there are plenty of security people going around offering small paper cups of water, and if you get it at the bar it is a larger paper cup anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

I was at the gig. Those seats that you see covered - you’d have seen nothing and I mean nothing. They were at the side of the stage. There was a telly on the side but that’s all you’d have seen. I was in gold circle and it was comfortable but another 12k as someone suggested? Bonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭argentum

I can understand the covered seats not being used but the very back few rows of level 5 were empty on both sides which definitely could have been sold as restricted views if necessary

Also one block in the middle at the bottom level was 50% empty because of the celebrity viewing area

But as Taylor walked up and down the runway the customers in this block moved with her and filled the other half of the block and then back again when she moved back towards the stage so those seats were also usable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 K_Kav

How are people using the resell option on ticketmaster if you can’t access it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Count Hairyfoot

So were Paramore any good or were they lost on such a massive stage?

Spotify keeps notifying me that they're playing nearby and I get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,857 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

One of the best gigs I've ever been to. Wow. Just wow. Taylor is an absolute force of nature.

Post edited by Exclamation Marc on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You are literally pulling numbers out of your arse aren't you. If they sold the seats with no view you'd be the First one on here calling it a money grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,857 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They were really really good but the stage was indeed enormous for them. Their cover of Burning Down the House is a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

on the ticketmaster thing - its asking me to log into a seperate account to join queue? as if set up one with a Taylor Swift fan site? i don't see any option to just enter code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Bring earplugs. I brought the daughters and my ears are in bits from the noise of the crowd, 3.5 hours of screaming, I've never heard anything like it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pretty good imo. Didn't seem lost or anything but Hayley was taken aback at the noise at times I think! She went right to the middle of the longer stage at one point and you could just see her soaking it up, was lovely to see.

Taylor as well actually, she got one of the absolute loudest and longest ovations I've ever heard at a concert after champagne problems. Seemed genuinely emotional about it.

Was a great night in fairness. Some show. She's very quick to spot if fans are in need of medical assistance too, something I didn't see from any artist before but she does it really quickly and subtly without impacting her own performance. Definitely deserves a mention and is to be commended. First half was probably my highlight right up to All Too Well (yep the 10 min version!). More familiar with those eras though mind you I actually think I'm getting a grá for Folklore/Evermore after tonight too.

On the seating. The ones either side of the stage probably could have been opened up at reduced prices but the ones taped off in the middle would genuinely have seen absolutely nothing at all from those seats. The towers were huge and then you had the VIP tents as well, I personally think they rightly didn't sell those ones. As I said beforehand you'd be better buying a months Disney Plus sub and watching the movie than forking out a pile of money to not see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Have one ticket, front right standing, Sunday 30th that I want to sell, willing to meet up in Cork city for the transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭iMac Hunt

Plenty of people would have been happy with some of those covered seats on either side, there are screens on each side and according to fan calculations she spends a good amount of time in the diamond area. These seats in other countries are sold at a cheaper price of around €70/80 which I think is fair enough as long as you know exactly how restricted the view is going to be, the problem is for people buying those seats and not fully aware of how restricted they are, it would result in a lot of social media posts and negative publicity so in that way it makes sense to not sell those seats.

During the stream when it switched to someone in the stands they focused and commented on bunches of empty seats in the upper tiers, I reckon these were probably the likes of the €1000plus tickets that the legit tout sites based in the US like Gigsberg couldn't shift. If this was the case, delighted that those tout sites lost some money but also disappointed that they went to waste.

Advertisement