Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭marilynrr

I didn't misunderstand you. I was agreeing with you that the code and excluding everyone else was unfair.

But I very much disagree that a history of gigs should mean that some are prioritized, what is your logic there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

I agree with the fan club thing.

I can't see a fairier way. But I do remember U2 doing this and people losing their **** over it.

I suppose no matter what way you do it there will always end up being people disapointed.

"but there was by all accounts loads of Americans"

Firstly I would like to point out you have no stats to back this up. Just anacdotal evidence.

Secondly, if there are a lot of Americans. I do not blame them, tickets in the US are ridiculosuly priced. Had the tickets been cheaper in the US. They would not have had to travel to Europe. It is just pure greed by TS and her team.

Honestly

"And people who followed the rules and only signed up once were at a
    severe disadvantage, it wasn’t really random at all from that sense"

You want to be an actuary. Please be more precises in your language. It is a random allocation. But if people abuse the system they might have a greater chance of being seleted. It is still a random allocation.

I don't think any of suggestions you have made to make the allocation fairier are really practical.

I have been going to gigs a very long time. What ever way you do it, people will always miss out.

Personally, I think the fairest way was back when you had to queue up. But even that had problems. People jumping queues, knowing people who would print tickets off for them first or having people keep places for them in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I find everything about this juggernaut very, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Thank good that's over. Great concerts but a seriously long 2 days. Very glad I wasn't able to work all 3 gigs. Crowd was so into music in comparison to so many other bands/artists never mind fans of sporting teams who play their regularly. Also crazy how many kids and some more than bit older just dancing and singing away on lansdowne road all through the concert

• Advertisement

@Bellbottoms

Personally, I think the fairest way was back when you had to queue up.

Wasn't it mostly done over the phone then too? I think every ticketmaster outlet were allocated X amount for those who queued so if you queued you were pretty much guaranteed a ticket (as long as it was a small queue 😅) and then for everyone else it was whether they could get one over the phone or not.

I don't know if they were allocated x amount of tickets or not. A lot of people didn't have CC and debit cards were not thing. So I am not sure how many tickets were sold via phone.

The first time I remember tickets being sold over phones was an issue was U2 in 2000. I had a mate whos sister worked in the local ticketmaster outlet. As soon as tickets went on sale the outlet started printing as many tickets as they could. They still didn't have enough tickets for everyone that queued. I think they were only able to print a couple of hundred.

I didn't get tickets for either gig. It was a huge cultural event at the time. Probably comparable with TS recent run of concerts.

@Bellbottoms

Yeah I think you're right. I saw an old thread from when the Garth Brooks tickets went on sale and people queued for that and the shop opened late and then hardly anyone got tickets!

Not sure how popular the red hot chilli peppers were in 2003 or how much hype there was over the concert but i just googled their gig because I remember my mother queuing for tickets for my brother, and it said they sold out in 2.5 hours, so assuming a lot of people bought over the phone that would delay the time that they took to sell out in outlets so you'd have a decent chance by queuing, unless in some parts of the country they had good internet in 2003?

But then I seem to remember that in the ticketmaster outlets they'd have to phone up for tickets anyway? I remember buying tickets in the 00s, not for sell out shows, things like comedies and I'm sure they used to have to phone someone when I went in to get them, maybe that was down to **** internet also though 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Thank god it's over. I've heard enough of TS to last me a lifetime. The hype has been extraordinary.

Attended Murrayfield a few weeks ago along with the daughters, had a presale code and the daughter took the first concert she could when the sales went up. One of them got a ticket for last night from a friend so we had the whole bracelet making for longer than I cared.

The more I've been reading about TS the more it seems she's ruthless in both album making and breaking records. Her recent album seems to be the most bitter and it hasn't been a great one. She's churning out albums apparently 40 different versions of the latest one, I mean who does that to fans. I've read, however true it is, that she plans to tour again next year and release another album.

And she rattled off the same lines about green Ireland being closest to her Folklore album, she said the same for Scotland, as I'm sure she said the same for many places she's visited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭downtheroad

I'm stating facts. Tickets to her Croke Park shows literally could not be given away. You cannot deny that.

Yes she may have sold 500,000 tickets this time, if they were available, but the organisers weren't to know that.

And it's hardly a surprise that the GAA put their own matches in their own stadium. Taylor Swift's schedule and the GAA's schedule conflicted. People often accuse the GAA of being the Grab All Association, that's hardly the case hereif they turned down an opportunity to host these concerts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

The main take home point I can see from this thread and the ticket thread on Toutless is this:

Don't promise your kids you'll get them tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

this seems like a pointless whatif argument… you are absolutely right they were giving away tickets to her croke park concerts.. we were there and it was about 2/3rd full. About 2 years ago though she went absolutely stratospheric in terms of popularity. I don't think there's another comparable artist on the planet. I've been to 2 coldplay shows in the last 2 years and they come out and play for maybe 1 hour 45 minutes.. and their preachy shite about cycling bikes and saving the planet is such a farce. They play rolling videos about it for ages before they come on stage and then stop everything for another speech about it before they start.. i admire people like taylor who just put on a good show and don't want to 'change' the world. im not a coldplay hater.. was at their slane opening for U2 in 2001 and they were class.. i doubt the GAA even knew their schedule for this weekend 12 weeks ago never mind 12 months ago. In terms of selling out they had plenty of empty seats this weekend to.. maybe as many as taylor had the last time she played in croke park. The organizers knew Taylor would sell this time based on what was happening globally… don't think they would have got 5 nights in croker anyway with the liscensing arrangements but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

GAA sold out their games to GAA GO, ruined the schedule of the football championship by playing endless meaningless matches with no one eliminated to make more money - had ‘group’ games and still 3 of the teams went through. The least they could do is acknowledge their poor attendances in Croke Park which was half empty all weekend despite the Saturday games not being on terrestrial TV and accommodate a bigger artist in this exceptional circumstance. If you watched Kerry v Derry yesterday you’d understand, pure rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭Fanirish

the GAA is not going to move it’s All ireland quarter finals out of croke park to please Taylor Swift and her fanbase.
    Beyonce didn’t play here on last tour for same reason, the stadium wasn’t available. It’s the national GAA stadium, that’s its I number 1 priority. It’s not going to chop and change the all ireland schedule to suit the touring calendar of beyonce or Taylor.
    The GAA already had a full schedule for croke park this year with 6 concerts locked in. They were never going to get anymore anyhow even if Taylor was available in august or September after all ireland season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Parents shouldn't be promising kids anything or giving into their whims.

Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

The least they could do is acknowledge their poor attendances in Croke Park which was half empty all weekend despite the Saturday games not being on terrestrial TV and accommodate a bigger artist in this exceptional circumstance. 

The GAA look after no 1.

Anyway there are already 6 concerts scheduled for Croke Park, they likely couldnt hold anymore there this summer.

Taylor could play there in August or September after the London dates if she wanted.

Beyonce didn't play due to spiralling insurance costs in Ireland and her promoter took the decision not to

50,000 euro for Insurance.

You think that was a factor when she could gross 20m over two nights ?

thats what was reported in the media.. i dont organize concerts.. im not looking for an argument.. i seriously doubt her decision not to play in Ireland was down to the GAA schedule either..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭bren2001

Its well documented that's why she didn't play here

No its not, that story was absolute rubbish.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/beyonce-and-coldplay-avoid-tours-in-ireland-due-to-insurance-crisis-1469835

Acts like Beyoncé, P!nk and Coldplay skip Irish dates on their tours due to Ireland's insurance crisis.

Pink and Coldplay avoiding Ireland, indeed they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Where is best to try and see the Eras tour now? Somewhere I might get two tickets and accommodation and flights wouldn't be crazy? Or is it pointless at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Amsterdam and Gelsenkirken will be phenomenal, both closed roof stadiums so will be a spectacle from the start. I dunno how to get tkts tho as every place seems to be as difficult as Ireland. Anyone know how to get tkts??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tickets are much easier to get for other countries due them not having strict resale legislation but the cost of tickets everywhere is nuts. I'd say Hamburg or Warsaw would be the cheapest but you'll generally be paying at least €800-1000 per ticket for somewhere that's not behind the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Warsaw stadium also looks great. Any of them 3 would be my preference.

The arse will fall out of the German, Austrian and Polish concerts the week of the gigs when they release the production holds.

Prices should be low enough like they were in Paris and Stockholm.

They will release side and rear view seats for those shows unlike Dublin.

Codes for those shows are easy enough to acquire too and once you have a code you can buy there is none of the selected account nonsense we had for Dublin.

Warsaw would probably be the easiest show to get cheap tickets for the week of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

500 euro for flights to Warsaw , 600 to Vienna. Might just wait until she comes back 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I don't know how Pink managed to get insurance, maybe as it was at the Aviva it might have been with Aviva.

Pink, get doon!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

Accomodation for Warsaw is quite expensive too. Very little on booking/AirBnB and hotels are very silly prices. Flights to Warsaw were stupid money, even last year when the tickets were released. We're flying to Prague for a few nights and then getting the train to Warsaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Time and time again you have proven to be spot on and you have the same people spouting rubbish yet every single time you have been proven to be 100% correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lavenderhaze

There's no question that she levelled up as a performer and as an artist. Her latest album is probably one of my top favourites. It's pretty impressive to see how she achieved it and to be honest I don't know how it is possible to top a tour this massive.

Advertisement