Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching council - re-vetting

• 20-06-2023 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I've recently been completing my re-vetting with the TC. The tracking tells me it was completed and the disclosure viewed by the TC on Friday.

It's now Tuesday evening and they still haven't uploaded it to Digitary. I got the stage 1 invitation on 1st June and acted on it that evening.

Now (obviously) I've no convictions and there's no specified information because they'd have had to inform me of that and, in any case, there just isn't. What frustrates me is this further unnecessary delay and the inability of the so-called 'vetting section' in the TC to answer basic questions as to when I will receive the disclosure or if there is some reason for the hold up. They tell me it's with the liaison person for review which apparently is standard procedure but given the thing has to be clear I can't imagine why it's taking so long.

Has anyone else got any similar experiences lately? It's just a bit stressful given I've some other issues at present - elderly parents very ill - and I had to comply with this on schedule despite that. Just seems they can be as inefficient as they like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Rosita

I did this recently and got the email about the "disclosure" (laughable choice of word) and an email of confirmation that it was viewable on the same day. I presume this has been sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Ya I'm waiting for stage 2 for a few weeks now!

To be honest I don't really care as long as I keep getting paid.

Write down all the addresses you've had since birth. Sure ya buddy I've only about 40 address to remember.

Advertisement