Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is DocuSign safe?

Options
  • 21-06-2023 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently applied for an increase in my credit card limit. BOI somewhat surprisingly required documents I had previously submitted (evidence of PPSN) for example. I used their online platform Docusign which I had never heard of before. All appeared well until I got a further message from 'Garreth Molloy' who I never heard of, asking for further info. As it happens Google tells me there is a Gareth Molloy (note difference in spelling) who is a business manager for BOI. I normally trust nobody online but since I was using a computer I do nothing risky with ever, and since my only dealings with DocuSign were with BOI, I started to reply. At one point it seemed to stall and I was required to login in to my email account again. Yes, that rang alarm bells but I have problems with WiFi so I thought a connection had been lost. I sent no information and decided to quit the process and change my email password immediately. However, I now see that many of my incoming email messages have been sent to a third party email. I know this only because many of these forwarded messages have come back with a 'failed to deliver' notification. So yes, I was stupid. The hacker can request password resets for all kinds of accounts by using my email address (except that I have changed my login email for many of them already). My concern is that this fraud is associated with DocuSign with I have only ever used with BOI. Are other customers at risk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, Thanks for getting in contact with us.

To complete any application with us we would ask you to sign your documents via DocuSign. This is a very normal process that we use to sign and complete documents and we can assure you it is a secure way of signing documents.

In relation to the emails you have sent and have received please contact our lending team to discuss this with one of our colleagues and they will be able to investigate this further for you. You can contact our lending team on 0818200334. The team is available from 9AM to 5PM Mon-Fri.

Thanks, Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gramadach

It is still strange that having never used DocuSign before, I got dodgy DocuSign messages days after the BOI ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us here.

Rest assured it is a standard process that we use to sign and complete documents and we can assure you it is a secure way of signing documents.

Please call us on the number provided previously by my colleague to discuss this further.

Thanks,Niamh.

Advertisement