Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding living in Finglas

Options
  • 21-06-2023 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello guys , how's life at Hampton woods concerning safety and community in general ? Sorry but Finglas has a reputation . I have been there it didn't look suspicious to me but i want real accounts. Unfortunately the area in question fits my budget so i want to consider it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I lived there 2017-2021 in an apartment. Me and my wife never had any personal issues, and we felt safe though we were aware of some anti social behaviour existing, and the likes thefts from cars say would be above average of what I would usually expect.

Since the newer apartments in the estate were built there seems to have been an increase in problems. I'm still on some of the community social pages and some apartments have seemingly gone downhill regarding vandalism since I left.

It can be very dependent on where exactly you would be. The closer to the shops in the estate generally the more chance you'll find nuisances. I always found it calling itself Finglas somewhat dubious. Since the road opened at the shops into Poppintree it's more apparent that's where it should really say it's situated. Having said that Finglas West and South are where Finglas mostly gets its bad name from, the area around Hampton Wood generally and into Finglas village itself are still probably quieter.

Your best experience will be in a house closer to the Jamestown Road end of the estate. The worst, anywhere closer to the shop end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Its years since ive been around there but a colleague of mine lives there and is looking to get out of there. She said on a fair few occasions over the last couple of years there have been multiple car windows smashed along different roads and at the green overnight. She also says she doesnt feel safe getting the bus from work or walking when she gets off of it.

Take a walk there over a few different nights to get a feel for the area and see if you feel safe or not. Usually if you take a walk around an area late at night you will see whether its bad or not.

Advertisement