Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got a leak!

Options
  • 21-06-2023 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Bought a new build 3 years ago.

Leak coming from upstairs bathroom. Sealed bath but still happening. Has come through downstairs light fixtures, which now has a bit of rust at the top. Several water marks across the ceiling (not all in same place).

Plumber can't get into bath without ripping off all the tiles in front of it.

This seems like its going to cost a lot when everything is factored in.

Do I have any recourse with builders or just have to suck it up? Seems a bit unfair after just 3 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You should call an insurance loss assessor. You will be able to claim for consequential loss but not for bad building. Get on to your insurance broker.

Regards

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sparkyahaon

This happened me a couple of years ago and instead of ripping up tiles we accessed it from the kitchen ceiling below by cutting a rectangle out of it. It was still annoying but we have a builder friend who was able to fix up ceiling a few weeks later. Annoying waited for ceiling to be repaired but saved us having to rip it tiles. Ceiling now unnoticeable.

Advertisement