Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Peter has upset Tubs and the people of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You live with a lack of truth.

Like yourself so Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tubs showing he believes he’s above the others.

Tubs: “who the f**is this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Postman Pat might rattle the Toyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Tubridy is getting emotional and looking to get off the hook. He’s oscillating between arrogance and emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

one and won is three

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I can't hear you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭De Bhál

lol

he hasn't a notion what he's saying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭KaneToad

This Oireachtas member is a waffler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Having listened to this today my conclusions are, no one will be held to account, with the exception of the current cfo all the other main players in rte who have their fingerprints have resigned or retired. Dee Forbes, resigned, Rory Coveney ditto and Geraldine O’Leary taken early retirement with only 8 weeks to run. So good luck getting answers there. It would be easy pin the lot on the cfo but in fairness he seems to have been a bit “harmless” as folk say and doing what he was told .. or else. As for Tubridy , he will be back on air quickly enough. Those of us who don’t like him, will like him less. Those who like him will now love him. As for Noel Kelly, nothing to see here, doing his job, which is extracting the most money for his clients. There will be some jogging around of executives in rte. Maybe a new mission statement. That’ll be it…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Play the thick card

• “I’m no good at counting money (I just want loads of it)”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Downlinz

The rapid fire nature of these questions is really rattling Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

It's a plausible answer. He negotiated a payment for Tubridy. Tubridy got those payments from a middle man (didn't catch the name). He can quite plausibly claim that he didn't know where the money came from and assumed it was Renault.

RTE's agreement/transactions with Renault are again something he can plausibly deny knowledge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Diamond Joe Quimby

Fitzpatrick speaks for the Irish people LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Peter is a bad, bad egg!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭squonk

Love Tubs talking down to that clown Fitzpatrick. Jesus he’s redeeming Tubs tge more he goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well he is keeping the money its mine all mine. It was the correct amount so all his statements of incorrect amount is smelling to high heaven now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

**** me , like it's not even English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mountain

Tubridy is a weasel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Fitzpatrick may be an idiot but it's funny to see how much he's getting under Tubridy's skin. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Tubridy is completely deluded as to the supposed esteem he thinks he's held in. And by his own admission, not a very smart man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

What in the name of jaysus is this lad on about? How can he give back an overpayment that doesn't exist 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Please nuke Louth and Tipp, and Kerry

Cork safe for now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

RT is getting very irked by Fitzpatrick's lack of deference, tone and questioning. His whole attitude is "who do you think you are/don't you know who I am?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Louth accent is adding some much needed comedy to the proceedings

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One of his biggest problems is. He's sees himself as the poor little lad taking pay cuts and he's understands the poor people at home who lost income due to covid whilst getting paid what he's paid.

• Advertisement

nicely answered by tubs about paying it back “there were no over payments”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement