Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Just calling him out-I know he's an impotent **** stirrer, and not even a player on either side but a certain cohort, outside of Tubridygate, but on related threads, have been causing mayhem for years, and with one very recent threadban as an exception (which matters little because the Galway brigade will keep posting on their alts), nothing has been done about it.

It's absolutely pointless and aimless behaviour. I just wish they'd all #bekind.

People can slag off Mr. (?) B Suki all they like, but he/they were right all along, and as such his efforts were directed, commendable, morally sound, and possibly even fruitful.

As his most recent reward he gets quizzed on where he went for the evening, and anyone of a similar opinion (as has happened to me as well) gets told that "we know where you live". It's pure messing.

The tan?

Fook off

Storriie Boss

Knock it off you c**t.

Wha?

The Father Ted shite.

Not me.

I dont care. Sort it.

Father Ted?

Ryan?

Yeah.

Yeah.

Bingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Bit strange that NK would mention the chef he had on his books.

He has Mark Moriarty on his books who did two series one RTE 1.

Frist was good and second rubbish IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Karppi

Another thing I’ve noticed is the use of the phrase, “It was an editorial decision” which turns out to be a handy catch-all for so many different situations

• RT’s suspension from his morning radio show
    • Radio 2’s use of the Garrihy family boat for parties
    • The choice of guests appearing on the LLS - even though a statistically significant number of NK’s “Stable* of Talent” make repeated and frequent appearances

Editorial decisions should be taken about content.

*stables need to be “mucked out” regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

Who approaches who when these “talent” sign up to nk and what do rte do.

How many of them worked in rte as an employee before joining nk and still keeping their job? Is nk getting in touch with them or another “talent “ suggested it that you’ll get more money if you move and keep your job. What’s rte approach to do. Are they just happy now as no pension and etc to pay for and they just pay the invoice?

This should be investigated also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

RTÉ are back in with the Oireachtas today. We’ll be back to the Ryan Tubridy Payments Scandal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

This will not be forgotten about next week and I think you will find this could go on for years as we have people stop paying tv license, you will also have people who don’t currently pay using this as an excuse not to pay

RTE need to shut this down and the only way is to cut Tubs loose but they don’t seem competent enough to do that, which raises questions why they are in these high paid jobs if they can’t implement change for the good of rte

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see Bakhurst has said that Kieltys salary for the LLS of €250k sets a benchmark.

Does this mean it's a new salary cap for 'talent' when their contract renewal comes round?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭dubrov

I guess RT and NK decided that coming clean wasn't an option.

If they had admitted collaborating with RTE to facilitate hidden payments, I assume criminal charges could come into play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

People say that they were contacted by LOADS of people or a NUMBER of people have contacted me on the matter or I got a SACKFULL of letters or I am getting a FOOT HIGH of letters every day, we got a BIG response today on the issue etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

So:-

(1) what is your definition of a ‘LOAD’. People have different understandings of what a load is.

(2) Two is a NUMBER

(3) there are different SACK sizes

(4) aFOOT HIGH of letters . What way were they stacked? On their edge or on the flat?

(5) BIG to you could be very small to me

Will that whole be revisited with , for example, a follow up meeting or will those points be explicitly included in the committees report - because IMO they were disgraceful and designed to upset the running of the meeting / control the agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Using the €250k as the benchmark for the LLS, it's arguable that Tubs radio show would be worth the same as there's probably more work involved in doing the radio show 5 days per week. So we are still talking a €500k salary for someone like Tubs doing the LLS and the radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Think this morning will be a damp squib.

A lot of the key players have left the stage and are unwilling/ unable to attend.

Will be reference to the ongoing investigations... blah blah

Need to wait.... etc

I am no expert but I think at this stage, Revenue need to step in to investigate the dubious methods of invoicing/payment

the following still has not been explained. If RT wanted more money to make up for the reduction in his payment to him from RTE and someone - can be anyone - floated the idea that Renault should be approached re doing a number of promotions on a commercial basis then , with NK brokering the deal between RT and Renault, then WHY ON EARTH did RTE get involved or HAVE TO GET INVOLVED. It beggars belief. If

If the above issue can ‘be sorted out’ then the whole case can be cracked open. IMO something stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

I think you are right, will be a snoozefest today.

RT turned up to rest a lush his good name because of all of the negative spin And he being implicated in it. He said so himself. He saw it as a chance also to address the nation so as to increase his chances of ‘ getting back on the horse again’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

In the real and non RTE world, you immediately get rid of any problems you have. Bakhurst knows RT is a serious problem and the longer he hims and haws about it the longer the problem will exist. If RTE is to become an organisation that we can trust, it has to get rid of anything that reminds us of the old RTE and that includes the RTE board and RT.

If RT is as good as people claim he is, he should have no problems getting a job elsewhere.

Once they confirm all the "I was only doing what RTE told me" then it is kind of over

I woul like RTE to show all the events they attended with NK and how many was arranged by NK and how many by RTE. Put to bed the "I never had a cup of tea with them" bulls**t

Cant see it been a damp squid at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Noel Curran showing up via video link today.

RTÉ will tell the PAC:

Grant Thornton found no other top stars were overpaid.

That evidence provided by Tubridy and Noel Kelly was incorrect.

That RTÉ shouldn't facilitate commercial deals with its contractors.

The controversy has been 'shameful'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭squonk

Saw earlier that RT is the only RTE ‘talent’ with inaccurately reported wages. To me it seems like all this was instigated by RT really.

RT is notified of pay cuts. Decides it’s not fir him because he’s tge flagship presenter

NK tries to convince him it’s in his interest but fails maybe being told by RT “You’re my agent. You need to sort this. This is the job I’m playing you for”

NK heads to RTE being bullish. He knows they can’t officially not keep RT at his current pay grade but talks to Renault independently about roadshows. Presents this to DF as a way around her problem and if RTE can fudge the figures by subbing Renault in advertising the nasty problem goes away.

DF thinks this is a good plan and goes ahead keeping only those who absolutely need to know in the loop.

So, really, RT is a Cnut for not being straight up day 1. It’s absolutely as bad that RTE didn’t have a DG who had more backbone and could stand up to this rubbish and do the right thing.

Based on all I’ve read and seen the past week I really can’t see things having happened any other way.

Because of the core nature of the business that NK runs , RT being probably his BIGGEST / most lucrative talent and Renault being a serious client - re a lot of money for promoting - I would say that NK was very acutely aware of the role that each individual / company involved had to play. As I said it’s his business to know - especially who is the paymaster , for what, etc, etc, etc. It did not matter whether you are ‘ a small or a big company’ !!!! you are going to be invoiced and you pay up. There is an important TALENT of mine needing to be paid FOR SERVICES PROVIDED !,!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

……

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭McFly85

There should be a cap on how much public money goes into presenter wages.

I couldn’t care if they pay him a million a week as long as they can prove their paying him from the commercial side of RTE.

No

If they are paying him a million from commercial then the tax payer will need to cover the loss of that money to other sections of the busines

If he wants a million then head to private tv stations etc. RTE should have a cap, like it or leave. No TV presenter should be bigger than RTE and that is what we have now

• Advertisement

If you are Noel Kelly competition you will be lapping this up. Ringing up everyone and telling them to watch. Why would you want to go with this clown who can't write invoices, doesn't know anybody in RTE and doesn't seem to be able to negotiate a contract without RTE telling him what to put into it.

He managed to make himself look more incompetent than the RTE executive and that was an extremely hard thing to do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement