Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭yagan

Could also be loneliness where they talk with Ryan in the same way Shirley Valentine talked to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

While there was some seemingly honest comments from Bakhurst on things changing in rte, I think he/they are going back to hiding behind confidentiality and stuff that needs to be dealt with in-house.

This I don't agree with.

We've seen in the past few months what keeping 'mum' in rte has landed it in. Hiding behind closed doors, only had out grasping for more and more money to keep the merrygo round going, looking after the so-called talent and generally robbing the tax/tv licence paying innocents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Different shows with same #Fair City acting.

The Richie Sadler piece with him asking teenagers what they want to know about sex just seems uck weird. The kids look morto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭political analyst

When I read the article about the new season and realised that it includes 'Dancing with the Staff', my reaction was: Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

A hidden camera show (what year is it) and a rack of reality shows - yeah looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Sunny neither are great, while GB News is left* of field, I think I did mention Classic Hits (4FM) as a possibility as did other, when we were discussing where he might go.

*or is that right of field?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭RoTelly

Seán Mac Giolla Phádraig, RTÉ's group head of factual and its interim head of channels, said he had been in discussions with the department about the event on the day that Ryan Tubridy attended Oireachtas hearings to answer questions about RTÉ's hidden payments scandal.

So Adrian "nice but dim" Lynch is no long Head of Channels, Audiences and Marketing? and is officially Deputy DG? or is that interim DG?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

Bryan Tubbers,WHO.

Is this the fella that used to Work for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

RTE is truly a bizarre place. They wanna hop in the oul DeLorean.

As a great man once said;

"the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result."

Certainly no Einsteins in Montrose. They're not even smart enough to flick on YouTube for 30mins and get a taste of what actually interests people.

It beggars belief that a stuffed shirt in Montrose oversaw a strategy whereby RTE will more than likely continue to lose audience share and have Zero chance of increasing their existing piece of the pie, year on year.

But then you start to realise. It's never been run as a rational company before.

Ponzi Schemes generally don't give a sh*te about their output.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not that I would condone anyone writing graffiti on a car or a wall but it would be altogether "delicious" if someone wrote "Cook, Pass, Tubridy" (or the raunchier original) in a public, so to speak.....

The original:

The remix:

Or perhaps RTE could generate some much needed funds by releasing some Cook, Pass - themed "merch"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I genuinely believed we would be seeing Tubridy in the new year back on TV hosting “The Great Walks of Ireland”.

The perfect vehicle for Tubridy to remind us how cultured and intelligent he is by quoting literary greats while marvelling at nature, feigning emotion at the site of a senseless massacre and, most importantly, connecting with “my people”. Cracking up laughing with an elderly woman, playing peekaboo with a baby etc.

Maybe his podcast will be successful. Dunphy seems to be making a reasonable go of it but he could be losing money. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I really wish Ryan all the best in his new ventures in the UK & USA. Good luck and bon voyage.

Just don't cone f***ing back! And it'll work out grand for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭dubrov

I think GB News or Classic Hits would be a massive gamble for Tubridy.

GB News could damage his brand given it is right leaning.

Classic Hits may expose that he isn't that popular given most of his listeners never touch the dial.

He may have no choice to take one of them though (if they are even real offers)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

GB News is more horizontal than leaning.

No way in hell would he go there. The tone is completely at odds with his “be kind” facade.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭toggle toes

As the saying goes money talks. Looks like Classic Hits are willing to pull out the big bucks to get RT on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If a reputed (though completely unsubstantiated) offer of €170,000 is now being described as “megabucks”, what descriptor applies to the former fees totals - quantums that even at their lowest are multiples of this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

He won't do podcasting. This lad clearly gets off on the knowledge that his fake insincere mediocre noise is going to be lambasted into your face whether you want to hear it or not, just look at him jumping in on the exam results, prime example.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,780 ✭✭✭buried

That's why it would be absolutely hilarious. Ultimate proof that this gadge is, and always was, a total fake.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

😂 You really have the measure of him!

The promo for "The Great Walks of Ireland" would surely be Fr.Tedesque, almost beat perfect with the video for "My Lovely Horse"

Ryan pointing from horseback. Ryan playfully trying his hand at table tennis. Ryan falling around laughing at a joke!

It's actually scary how much of a character from the Alan Partridge/Fr Ted universe Tubbers is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭seanrambo87

Just reading that article it noticed it mentions Tubridy following in the same vein as Jen Zampf. and Lottie Ryan by entering the lucrative podcast market. It goes onto say Lottie and Jen have just started parenting podcasts.

How original.

It smacks of the RTE mindset. Let's copy a successful format a la Vogue Williams and flog it all the way to the knacker's yard.

Think: dancing with the staff, how fat do you think you are? etc...

Zero originality.

No talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭tom23

Gadge - a great name for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭squonk

Just started rewatching I’m Alan Partridge after this thread put me in mind of it. Haven’t seen it since it was originally broadcast. It really is like a Tubbs documentary series.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭toggle toes

I mentioned Classics Hits pulling out the big bucks for RT to join the station in an earlier post. As Cassic Hits have to juggle the numbers 170,000 is big bucks. I doubt other presenters on the station are on that kind of money. Will it be enough to tempt RT. I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some stories doing the rounds about Tubridy being offered work with other radio stations, Tubs doesn't want that at all. It would kill him. Like he'd detest being taken in by a strange family after being shown the door by his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

It’s like Ryan has done his leaving cert. And now has to make it in the big bad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

"Pat! they're giving me €700k this year. It's bonkers!"

"Sure I'm on €900k! We must be worth it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

RTE admits paying Tubirdy 350 Thousand Euro more than was declared.

The licence fee payers,The department of communications, The ministers for communications and Ryan Tubirdy (Penny's from heaven)and his Ma weren't aware that 1/3 of a million euro plus a 25% giddy up tax was in his bank account.

Dee forbes knew (deeply sorry but I've a head ache now ) Noel kelly management knew(I sold chocolate ages ago but that's business), Brenda o'Keefe knew( I made me self redundant had a small party and left quietly. Richard Collins will quietly take over my role in the organisation)

Tripartite agreement

I'm taking a leaf out of Butters book as I'm no longer interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,478 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Although there are a few bits that don't have any parrallels. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

You try living on that. As you know yourself.

Pee Flynn.

11 minutes in.

Does Joe Duffy have a place in France to pay for.?

Post edited by Jeff2 on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement