Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build After 9 Years

Options
  • 22-06-2023 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for something that'll do me for the next 8-10, or so, replacing my i7-4790K and GTX 1080. I definitely have my eye on the latest i9-13900K and an RTX 4090, so those parts are fairly non-negotiable. I've put together a provisional build, but since I'm so out of the loop with regard to the surrounding parts, I'm hoping someone can refine it while keeping the price as close to €3000 as possible.

Bearing in mind that I have at least one 5.25" Blu-ray drive, two 3.5" HDD's and two 2.5" SSD's to go into a case as well, so I'm hoping the 1000w PSU will be enough and that the mobo should have 5 or 6 SATA connectors for them. Wireless/bluetooth isn't essential for the mobo, either, and I'm not looking for anything huge on the M.2 side of things as it'll only be used as a system/programs drive for the time being. Main remaining issues are a fan for the top of the case and good all around airflow. I've never used them before, but I'm also open to using a radiator type cooling system. Whatever is better for components like an i9 and a 4090.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/gPR63y

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor (€612.54 @ Amazon Deutschland)

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€128.57 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard: ASRock Z790 PG LIGHTNING ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€215.89 @ Caseking)

Memory: Patriot Viper Black 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory (€102.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€39.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Video Card: Palit GameRock OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card (€1689.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Case: Fractal Design Pop XL Air ATX Full Tower Case (€105.07 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Power Supply: MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€198.47 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Total: €3091.44

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-06-22 22:50 CEST+0200

Air cooling is nowhere near enough for i9-13900K unless you run it at lower TDP. Needs a 280 or 360 AIO. Arctic are great because they have a quiet VRM fan built-in, good fans, and 6 years warranty.

Mobo: ASRock Z790 was mentioned in a few Reddit threads. Also you're doing yourself a disservice by spending this much money and not going DDR5.

GPU: No way of getting a Founders Edition to Ireland AFAIK. So get whatever 4090 is cheap from a shop you trust.

Case: Bigger cooler needs a bigger case. Pop XL Air has 4x 120mm fans of which you'll want to migrate 2 to top exhaust and front-mount the AIO.

SSD: 18eur for a 256Gb or 40 for a 1TB? Easy upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Relikk

Looks great. Thanks a lot! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SergioPan

Dear K.O.Kiki, in your desktop configuration, you need to change the SSD to a good one and take a SeaSonic or SuperFlower power supply for the same price:

Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (up to 7,000 MB/s) NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8P1T0BW) @ €70 Amazon.de

Seasonic Prime GX-1000 Power Supply for Computer 1000 W ATX Black Prime GX-1000 1000 W 100-240 V 50/60 Hz 13-6.5 A 125 W 996 W @ €200 @ Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nonsense. You don't need a Samsung 980 Pro for gaming or day-to-day tasks.

As for the PSU, refer to the PSU tier list. MSI A1000G is fine. GX-1000 wasn't available when I made the list.

If I will assembly a computer for myself personally, і would change the motherboard to ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H GAMING WIFI / €344@amazon.de

If it is strictly necessary to take for e3000, then і would change the processor to

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K Desktop Processor 16 Cores (8 P Cores + 8 E Cores) 30M Cache, up to 5.4GHz / €430@amazon.de

• Advertisement

What? Kingston NV2 is LITTER !!!! QLC, small SLC Cache, hot, poor perfomance....

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/kingston-nv2-ssd

I could recommend the Samsung 970 EVO Plus and WD SN570 but due to the fact that SSDs are now inexpensive, I will strongly recommend the Samsung 980 РО and 990 РRО and the similar from WD\SanDisk// Micron\Crucial //Hynix/ Kyocera\Toshiba .... so for not so big money you get a really high-quality product. Trust me,please, IT'S TRUE!!!!!!!!

Post edited by SergioPan on

Which list should SeaSonic or SuperFlower be on???! THIS IS THE BEST POWER SUPPLY MANUFACTURERS AND DEVELOPERS IN THE WORLD CURRENTLY AND IN THIS PRICE CATEGORY THEY HAVE NO EQUAL !!!! IN THESE PSU EVERYTHING IS OK WITH BOTH THE ELEMENTAL BASE AND WITH THE COOLING, WARRANTY FROM 7 TO 12 YEARS, unlike Microstar which only orders power supplies from CWT / FSP ... and in order to compete in the market it is forced to save on elements such as Taiwanese/ Chinese capacitors Teapo/Capxon/Elite/Suscon... instead of Japanese Nichicon/HITACHI/Rubycon/Nippon Chemi-Con, cheap noisy and short lived fans, DC/DC Converters, Supervisors chips....

THE CUSTOMER NEED A BALANCED PLATFORM: WHY FOR THE MOST EXPENSIVE AND HOT PROCESSOR U WОULD BUY THE CHEAPEST MOTHERBOARD EVEN ON A TOP CHIPSET??!! WHAT IS THERE WITH MOSFETS, COOLING, WHAT CHEAP AND POOR-QUALITY COMPONENTS ARE STILL THERE???! Exactly SOUND, Ethernet, pcb, capacitors.... WHY DO U NEED BUY THIS??!! WILL IT WORK FOR 8+ YEARS AS THE CUSTOMER REQUIRES?? I DOUBT in IT. AND WATER COOLING FROM THE ARCTIC WILL NOT WORK SO LONG Time, BUT EXPENSIVE CUSTOM WATER COOLING NEED EXTRA MONEY AND THE Air Cooling with RADIATOR ON THE HEATPIPE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COOL SUCH A HOT CPU EVEN THE MOST EXPENSIVE FROM Noctua/BeQuiet/Thermalright/Scythe/Silverstone....Obviously will BE ENOUGH such CPU like Core i7 13700k FOR EVERY Task/ DIFFERENCE Between Core i9 13900k will BE not so big, BUT U CAN AND U MUST TAKE A GOOD MOTHERBOARD, SSD & PSU/ SO IT WILL BE REALLY GOOD PC, REALLY!!!! Thanks!

Advertisement