Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job cancelled after interviews

• 23-06-2023 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have just had a really annoying situation. I went for a number of interviews and got back feedback saying the interviews went well but job has been cancelled for business purposes at short notice. Nothing more! It seems a real slap in the face to be honest. Has anybody else has a similar experience and was there any reason given?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Unfortunately all to common, there's a tremendous amount of uncertainty in the economy at the moment with many companies Halting hiring completely.

Technically a company is not required to give any reasons if a job advertised is no longer being filled.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

On the bright side, there's no shortage of jobs at the moment. Keep the chin up and apply elsewhere.

Stay Free

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,039 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Happened me once many years ago, albeit for a summer job as a student. Interviewed for a job in 3com, got it, found out a few days before I was due to start they'd canned the project. The chap from the recruitment agency sounded really apologetic and horrified that they'd done it - he'd had to ring another 20 something people with the same news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Happened to me a couple of years ago for an internal role i was really interested in. Feedback was really positive then hiring freeze and role was cancelled. Sucks but it happens.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Happened to me about 7 years ago too, was offered the job "off the record" too.

Wasn't to be, at the time I was a bit annoyed for sure, but I'm in a far better position now so all good in the long run. Stick in there

• Advertisement
Advertisement