Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late for the NCT

Options
  • 24-06-2023 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

When the NCT says you're appointment is at 10.30 and you should be there 15 before that time why isn't the appointment set for 10.15?

I waited 6 months for an appointment, I got caught behind a funeral, I arrived at the test center at 10.35 and was told I was to late and they are understaffed. That's far enough but is there no middle ground between the client arriving 15 minutes early and the service providers zero tolerance?

If you're appointment was set for 10.20 and the car was brought in at 10.30 would this not be better for everyone involved. The mechanic's would have the ability to bring a car in early if they wanted and there would always be a car in the carpark to be tested, this seems like it would be more efficient. The client would have a cushion for a late arrival.

I have looked though this form and google and most posts about late NCT arrivals are 15 or 20 minutes which is to much but 5 minutes late seems to me like an acceptable margin of error.

Who do I contact to suggest a bit more give and take in the NCT booking system?

Post edited by Beasty on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭maik3n

#1: This is the feedback/help section in relation to moderation/admin actions, (such as if a poster gets banned, a thread gets closed etc)

#2: This is the section \/ that is more pertinent to your query

#3: In terms of your query, it depends a lot on what NCT centre you go to. On some occasions, I have arrived a half hour early, for a 2pm test but don't actually get looked at until say 2:30pm because they are busy/delayed etc.

On another occasion, I have arrived maybe 10/15mins late, they chastise me but do the test straight away.

It's very much at the discretion of the staff on site, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,348 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

In my local centre you just sit and wait and don't present yourself at counter. I would never be called on time so 10 mins late would be no issue.

Anyway, I believe you happened upon a d1ckhead of a tester who could have facilitated you if he she so wished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Happened to me 2 months ago, car was in garage. When I tried starting it battery had drained and immobiliser kicked in. Took a few mins with computer to wipe the error and I headed to nct centre and was 10 mins late as a result. They refused to test it and charged me a retest fee.

Advertisement