Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partial rental

Options
  • 24-06-2023 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi all, is it possible to rent out a section of your farm on a long term lease? We’ve 100 acres and with a full time job and young family I’m not doing the place justice. Is it possible to rent out 40 of these acres on a long term basis? What would happen if the renting farmer went down with TB on my land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

No problem doing it, if you have a number of parcels even if in one block you could lease out some of them.

You might need to close up some internal gateways to keep it separate from the part you're keeping.

If the farmer leasing went down with TB it would be the same as any other neighbour going down. You may be restricted pending a clear test but no difference whether you own the land or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭nqtfarmer

Thanks very much, who do people recommend I speak to about it first? Teagasc to advice impact on payments I imagine

Advertisement