Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sat Box

• 25-06-2023 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi, looking to see what people have to view UK and Irish channels. Record facality. Twin tuner with internal or external record function etc. Want to ditch Sky.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

look over at answer on terrestial but see adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

Is there a go to add or comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

We also have a zgemma h7s which is a twin sat and saorview tuner internal or external hdd.

Adverts you can ask questions but unsure if a guest or a member related.

What were you hoping to view leaving sky as plenty of channels need their service to work.

Forgot to ask if you were a sky q customer and if so lnb on dish may have to be changed.

We only watch Sky and BBC Channel 4 etc. Ya lnb will need to be changed. I have it in shed. Only thing I'm trying to replicate is the ease of record etc. Don't think it's possible

With a zgemma h7s that is already set up you can do same as sky box, autotimer is series link, timer is one off recording, timeshift is pause tv.

I noticed one all set up on adverts.ie.

if you but one new it may not be set up correctly. There is a huge guide on here for the zgemma h7s.

You asked the same question on terrestial.

I dont think I can post a link the the item on adverts.ie

T

• Advertisement

Hi, I got pm for one for sale. From doing some research I've picked out octagon SF8008 if I can get one. Just said I'd ask here what people are using

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If you record on sat you can only view terrestrial on a combo box.

On a triple tuner you then could record on sat and view on the second sat tuner.

You mentioned you watch Sky channels ? not if they are encrypted by sky.

That was typo, just UK FTA I watch.

SF8008  has only one sat tuner and one saorview tuner, it has no room for an internal hdd and you cant record one channel and watch another.

Be careful. But if money is tight then its an option, not one I would recommend.

If you got a PM saying one for sale then it may come set up and with a USB HDD.

Advertisement