Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting this week as an ICT HEO

• 25-06-2023 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi guys, more specifically this is a question for those current in the civil service. I am due to start a new role as an ICT HEO this week. I'm coming from a infrastructure role in the private sector and have 10 years experience behind me. It looks like my assignment is completely different to my experience but I am excited by a new challenge.

For those who made the same transition how has life been working in ICT compared to the public sector? I understand the role assumes its somewhat of a managerial role, which i was a team lead and lead some projects in my old role. What is the pace and expectations like? I'm used to a fast paced environment but would be concerned that I am going to be now the focal point for everything that falls under the IT umbrella.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement