Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2023 ***spoilers*** Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

His brother is a director at UnoX isn't it? Thought I read somewhere that it's there he's likely to move to

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭seaviewphotos

I have MVD, Alaphilippe, Jakobsen and went with Welsford has my main sprinter. Time for me to forget about these leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’m ranked 251 of 30,501 total in velogames

Wont last so thought I’d share while I can

• Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stage 12, I'm going to start losing count shortly.

A certain breakaway stage and I don't think we'll see any action in the GC group with three tough days to come after this one.

Anybody's guess who wins it Ciccone, Guerreiro, Mohoric, Kwiatkowski, Bettiol, WVA and Magnus Cort come to mind.

My pick though will be Tuesdays winner Pello Bilbao. This stage looks even better for him than the one on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

I've been looking forward to this stage - the GC seems paused for now, hence a chance for some attacking and tactical racing up the road. Stage 10 was superb viewing-- but Bilbao won't be let away this time. I'm starting to wonder if both Bettiol and Magnus Cort are in the race at all, hardly a sight of them so far? Maybe Jorgensen will get away again, and surely Neilandts will have another go. I picked Nans Peters for Velogames with a view to a breakaway on this type of stage, but he wasted huge energy on a pan flat stage last week in a break to nowhere so not expecting any fireworks today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Agreed, Bilbao is too close on GC.

I'll go for someone from FDJ, they've done nothing so far in this tour. Madouas, Kung or maybe even Pinot, but he might be marked as well. Maybe Bernal will have a dig for Ineos, give Kwiatko the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Jakobsen goes home this morning. Won't start the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Jorgensen & Pinot my picks for today. Should be a great stage to watch hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Pinot will probably be saving himself for Bastille Day tomorrow and his home stage next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Paddigol

• Advertisement

Cue six months of PL shitposting about Fabio's "fragile mental state" and "poor resolve".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

@Brian?'s wife will be posting for the rest of the tour.

I'm expecting a sharp upturn in insight and commentary.

Paddy Power here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,172 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All those between four and eleven will be watching each other. Pidcock is almost certain to go for it, so I'd expect all bar maybe Rodriguez and definitely Kuss to be looking to stay with anyone from those positions because it's likely there'll be no chase and that means anybody from that group can jump as high as fourth on GC.

According to Cyclingnews, J-Vs tactics would seem to include the Yellow Jersey turning on himself....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ineos must be getting tetchy that they have not won anything yet.

They will be gunning for a stage win but also rodriguez only needs 1 min 40 to make the podium so they will be having a battle with hindley from here on out for that 3rd place because it clear who 1 & 2 are just not the order of them yet.

Gall showed well last week so maybe he comes back today.

Plenty of points for powless to pick up early I would expect him to try and make an early break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Paddigol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Meintjes, Kung or Jorgensen please. Nothing to do with them being on my velogames team. Meintjes has been very quiet so far. Still not terrible on GC but probably far back enough to have a go if he wants. I agree with Retalivity. FDJ have wasted resources on Gaudu who is not up to it this time around unfortunately. He might stay in the top 10 but it doesn't warrant holding more than one or two riders back to protect him. Terrible decision to leave Demare out (very similar situation to Sam and Bora but at least they have 3rd on GC) so they need to get a stage win to make it look like a slightly less terrible decision.

Looks like the break is the GC group again!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

She can't do any worse than me, that's for sure.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If the Tour de France was a one day classic... today is it so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Some good climbers in the break now which kind of means curtains for the likes of MVDP, Campenaerts etc. Even Pedersen and Teuns might struggle over these 3 climbs. It's been a hard day.

I'd be happy with MvdP (class rider), Pinot (final Tour) or Jorgensen (so close at Puy de Dome) to win the stage

Fair play to MVDP still being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Dont think a team led by Vincent Lavenu would even win the Tour o'Waterford... so suggests SK

So time for FDJ to ride at the front now to avoid Pinot going above Gaudu? :)

Pinot is only 32 seconds behind Gaudu now on GC! 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Are Movistar at the tour this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭G1032

Matteo Jorgenson is certainly giving them some exposure I'd have thought?

• Advertisement

Advertisement