Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2023 ***spoilers*** Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hopefully. Flights booked last Friday, I'll be on the Angliru in a Clonard jersey 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

UAE spaffing away energy with the entire team riding for Yates. Should have cut a deal with Jayco to unload the jersey in return for help closing down the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Yes it’s the same lads, I only understand about half of it but I like them, casually chatting away about Ineos their use of Ketones , not a hope you’d hear that on a mainstream feed. I also love that they get the cyclists names wrong all the time or mix up between team members.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Its a tough gig commentating on a sporting event where so little happens for so long but they do a good job alright on TG4 and its good to listen to the cupla focail

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

3 climbing bikes and 3 aero bikes per rider I’d imagine, super excessive but I guess if you’re insistent on using a climbing bike for mountain stages and aero for flat/sprint ones then you need at least a spare bike for each and then a reserve if there’s a crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We might get get attacks here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

You'd think Adam Blythe had never watched Pog before the way he is talking about him

Surprised to see UAE so far back here, would’ve expected them to be right up the front alongside Jumbo but they seem to be sitting in behind a fair few teams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Comms are having a huge go at them all day long. Madness at what they did all day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Blythe thinks mvdp isn't bothered. Thinking about tomorrow. I don't buy that. If he had the legs he wouldn't have been dropped.

• Advertisement

Wout’s going out the back here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,375 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What are they at? This seems like madness

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I love the Tour de France and perhaps my standards are unrealistic...but should bans be extend to broadcasting, I'm trying to enjoy this year's tour , but Alberto Contrador Is on Eurosport on the back of a bike...

A hard watch and requires me to have selective amnesia to watch..

Are the two of them going to drill it down the descent? Nut jobs

This is pure madness

they/them/theirs

What a clusterfuck of a final 3km, Pidcock just aimlessly attacking doing nothing, Wout having to pull like a dog, Lafay being allowed to just go in the final km, Pogacar sprinting at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cofidis win a TDF stage! The end of the world is nigh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

Brilliant, loved that. Perfectly timed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,375 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,707 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Wow that was some gap Lafay pulled out.

The French fear of no stage win put to bed early.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

That was great craic, delighted for Cofidis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Jonas should have been up there helping the lead out to be fair but Lafay showed his form yesterday staying with pog and vingegaard, great win.

Great finish. Benoot really let Wout down there.

they/them/theirs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nah its on Vingegaard imho, if UAE had a rider up for that sprint other than him you can bet anything Pog would be in the lead out.

Im a big fan of Vingegaard but bad form from him not to help the lead out.

Post edited by Dcully on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

100% - buck stops with Jonas on that loss.

Will say though a late steal like that is epic.

Maybe you’re right. But he doesn’t seem to have a real racing brain. He’s a safety first rider.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

I think Benoot was boll1xed and Keldermann, not known as a big rouleur, was stuck at the front - I'd prefer to give huge credit to Lafay, a real classy win and textbook 'last km heroic attack' that so often fails these days. Surprised Bettiol didn't follow him as he was the other likely candidate for a last gasp victory from that motley crew in the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

What a great day, real treat for viewers. Brilliant move and win for Lafay, bet that hurt like all day holding that gap. Alphaphillipe losing a lot of time so early, his group were moving a lot slower and would've been hurt by that fast finish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Overnighting is an added expense I imagine that's unnecessary. If the truck can fit 48+ bikes, then why not. Can have different set ups for each rider too.

Security would be the big reason I'd imagine not to.

Advertisement