Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2023 ***spoilers*** Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,707 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Thats it. It's probably the amount they could fit.

Overnighting from Belgium to France is a lot easier than the trips Ineos used do to get their drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Delighted for Cofidis to finally get a stage win after a 15 year drought.

I'd say WvA is not happy with Jonas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I have no idea why Jonas would be expected to work, he is there to win the overall yellow. Wout will get his stages later so no need to panic, it's 3 weeks long.

Delighted that pidcock and Buchman attacked and made jumbo work otherwise I don't think lefay would have got his win. Delighted for him, was a courageous attack.

Overall 2 great and exciting days racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MVDP nowhere again today, really disappointing showing from him the last 2 days

• Advertisement

In general the classics riders have missed a huge chance for a stage and a few days in yellow.

Also fair play to Adam Yates for making the most of his stint and going full yellow.

That new "green" jersey is shocking though. Very hard to pick out in the bunch.

I like the new green jersey as a standalone, its a beautiful colour, but not as "the Green jersey" for the TDF.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yup! With all the nicknaming abilities.

My personal fave for today was "Eddie Bosson Hagan" 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Calmejane, one of the Wanty riders posted a video of his front wheel full of thumbtacks after the stage, says he wasn’t the only one who suffered punctures because of it, horrible stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭happytramp

No way should Jonas have been chasing... He won the tour last year by conserving energy while POG f#+ked around and got found out.

• Advertisement

I know cycling doesn't really register in the banlieue but I'de say tension is pretty high as the Tour moves into France this year.

They’ll be on edge for sure, especially coming up to stage 5 in Pau, they’ve been fine so far and Bayonne will be quite, but mates over there say it’s been kicking off a fair bit in Pau

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The commisaires have set a bit of a precedent relegating Skjelmosse and Bettiol for irregular sprinting today. It doesn't effect either of them or the outcome of the stage but sets the threshold for proper sprint stages later.

They both went for a small gap that really wasn't there and caused Carlos Rodriguez to take evasive action.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,171 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stage 3

A lumpy start to the stage but pretty flat then. This is a sprinters stage.

There'll be a breakaway but it'll be small, no way the sprint trains let a big break go.

Phillipsen has a great team around him and is rightly favourite. Jakobsen and Caleb Ewan are very serious contenders and let's not forget Pedersen even though he hasn't a great sprint team with him. Groenewegen is another.

I like Phillipsen's team too much to see anybody else winning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

On my French Eurosport subscription, there seems to be an hour or so highlights show at 22.30 every day, but I can only access it live, it can't be replayed on demand (I can't watch yesterday's stage now for example unless I watch the full thing). No problem with live streaming the race itself (multi audio version in English) but I'd like a longer highlights show at any time I wanted for the interesting days that I miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

Ouch. None of that with the GCN app. Can get long or short highlights. Even when joining a live race you get to choose whether to watch live or go back to the start of coverage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Bayonne ham. Delicious.

I think Cavendish has a real chance today, if he gets over the cat 3 with the bunch. But I’d say Alpecin-keep your hair, will set a ferocious pace to try to drop him.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

He will be in the top 10 if there are no major incidents but I don't see him winning unless there are issues with the main sprint teams. This said, last time I said he wouldn't do anything I ended up eating my casquette when he won the green jersey

If Cav is anywhere near the top 5 today I'll be shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alpecin & Inty to hammer over the climbs to get rid of Cav and Dylan G today. Ok expecting a huge last man turn from MDVP to set up Philipsen.

• Advertisement

Seen on Twitter, didn’t notice it on the tv but Bora gone back to their regular jersey instead of their Tour edition, apparently because the colour scheme is too close to the new points jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

gonna be a massive Cav love-in today. Hope he wins it, just to get it out of the way with less emphasis on him for the rest of the tour

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What is this cringe on the breakaway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

the team bus talk thing...it is bad alright, very bad

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Anyway I'll try and be positive rather than go the ABC (anyone but cav) route. What a day if Girmay could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think it could be lumpy enough that they can make it hard enough that it's the classics sprinters rather than the pure sprinters. Climbing isn't finished with the categorised climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

With 7 points up for grabs in the first 100km and a rest day for him tomo powless will surely try and get away early.

Why is Powless wearing red shorts, could they not find any polka-dot ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Because he's a man of taste and distinction?

• Advertisement

If your gonna go for polka dots then you really should fekin go for polka dots.

Advertisement