Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a property in finglas , kilshane vs wheatfield clondalkin

Options
  • 27-06-2023 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5 Joyce_44

Hi,

we got a good offer base on our mortgage budget for both properties. However some friends would recommend - not to buy a property in those areas. Some would say for every area there would always be pros and cons.

I am concerned about safety- I work 13 to 14 hours per shift and would take the public transport some days if my husband is not available to collect me.

id like to ask honest feed back from everybody here with no judgements.

base on Google map- travel time by public transport would be 1.5 hours approximately, 30 min by car.

kilshane drive- we went there by car - checked the neighborhood- it looks okay. New housing development in that area.

wheatfiled is close to harelawn and neilstown- which for some people it’s a bit a go to areas.

your input would be very much appreciated.

thanks!

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joyce_44

I meant Neilstown and harelawn - a not a go to area for some people.

i really don’t know - I’ve lived in south side - renting for the past 6 years because it’s close to work. However the rent is crazy and it’s a waste of money- we decided to buy a house but the property in the south is very expensive and the house is not even worth the price your paying…

• It all depends on your personal circumstances but if you have children or will be planning on having a family in this property, I’d look beyond Dublin. There’s lots of lovely towns and villages not much further out the N7 or N4 which have good public transport to Dublin. However if you don’t have to factor in children, I’d personally have no problem living in Wheatfield as it is in a quieter part of Neilstown, I believe the majority of them when they were built were all privately owned and it shows when you drive around the estate with it being a nice, well kept, mature estate beside a park. I don’t know much about Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joyce_44

Thanks a lot very much appreciated.

Advertisement