Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - 3Arena - Friday 7th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Usually a general one is sent when you register interest with them. They send on that weeks presales that are going on.

However for this one they asked you to register interest in this specific show, they weren't sending them out automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Mailing list on mcd website.

all the promoters here have mailing lists

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I presume they are in work at 10am too ? And 11 and 12 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Can't get anyone I know to go to this (no accounting for poor taste, eh!) and very tempted to go along to this on my own

Traditionally tickets on sale first thing o. A Friday either 9 or 10am. Will be a few shows going on sale at 10am too no doubt tomorrow

• Advertisement

Sold out?? Tried for 2 standing, then 1 standing, then 2 best available then 1 best available :(

Not sold out, demand is there at least to buy. They'll want to sell as many as platinum tickets and release "production holds" further towards the end of the week. I'm not paying €250 for a ticket to a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dmattmc

Yeah those official platinum tickets are such a scam, especially after they advertised that the tickets would start from €70. There isn't a hundred euro difference in value between the front few rows of the red tiers of seating versus the back few rows of those same tiers. But that was the price difference, €130 for row 32 and €230-250 for row 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

My tactics too, not i'm hitting refresh for hours on end (for my niece, not me).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The rear of the lower tier increased too. Block C, Row 30, €212. Block D, Row 31 (second last row of the lower tier), €227.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

Got offered back row of N for €80, am no.

You'd wonder where this flutter of €69 ones were?

Probably the restricted views ones at far sides upstairs.

€302 platinum has risen to, offered a standing ticket for that. Rough stuff. Wouldn't be rising if mugs weren't paying it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Mother of God. For Lana del Rey??!! My young lad likes her, got 2 standing in the presale yesterday for 94 a pop with fees and was muttering under my breath about that but some of those prices, Christ almighty, where are we going with gig prices in this country. It's outrageous. How are young people supposed to get going on live music?

Who's behind platinum tickets - 3arena, ticketmaster, MCD or Lana herself? Absolutely disgraceful. I bet there's zero transparency on what percentage of standing was at the 'standing price' and what was then subject to increasing costs

Ticketmaster facilities platinum tickets being sold.

agent/management of artist agree or disagree to platinum tickets being sold.

mcd asks artists agents do they want to allow platinum and roughly what % and promoter will receive a cut of the platinum sales as part of overall money for the show.

3 arena has no involvement in Platinum.

3 arena, ticketmaster and MCD are all live nation companies. So it’s one subsidiary chatting to another and ensuring that they capture as much money as possible from a show.

Its only going to get worse, prices are going to keep rising and the percentage of platinum/dynamic will keep increasing.

Someone has to pay Michael Rapino's salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Also the limitations on transferring tickets if you can't go are getting worse. Can someone who actually got one of these let me know if the Transfer option is available or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got a standing ticket and the Sell and Transfer options are both available to me.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement

In the US they announce up front whether transfer will be available and if there is a delivery delay what date the tickets will be ready.

In Ireland and the Uk they just seem to ride roughshod over the consumer, no notification of when tickets will be ready and no notification of transfer not being available.

This is surely illegal.

Why are they placing these restrictions on Irish events, we have the strictest anti touting legislation in Europe, 100k fine and 2 years in jail and the likes of Viagogo and Stubhub don't list Irish events.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ninap

I have tickets too and while it has the ‘transfer’ and ‘sell’ boxes, they are not operational yet. And may not be. We’ll have to wait and see

They want you to go back on the platform to sell the tickets to benefit from another few fees.

The next thing is to introduce the morphing barcode so selling on at face value on toutless,ticketswap,adverts or whatever won't be possible.

It’s not illegal. It’s in t&c’s that transfer and resale options are not guaranteed and that’s it’s up to discretion of promoter/artist to allow those options.

they are placing those restrictions in order to minimise touting.

if you don’t allow transfer until a short window you greatly reduce the attractiveness for a tout to buy tickets as they only have a day or two to unload all the tickets.

it makes it a pain to be a professional tout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The morphing barcodes are here. To be clear I am the admin from Toutless so we are already having to figure out what people can expect to be able to do with their tickets. What annoys me is that if they had their own resale option always available I'd accept the argument of not allowing a way out of their system but this option is also just randomly disabled for some events or a couple days before most.

well you can always sell on toutless and transfer it across (even if morphing code).

selling on screenshots will no longer work

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Anyone wants to offload 2 seating tickets I'm available to take them off your hands

No no no!! Just stop.

It makes it a breeze to be a professional tout, TM is king tout and to suggest they care about anti tout measures is nothing but utter delusion. selling face value set price tickets for over 4 times the price. They used to pretend they were seatwave now no need the operation has been smooth sailing regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

I would expect dinner and a hug for that price.

• Advertisement

Its a grey area.

In the Uk there is a law, The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 Act.

It states:

A trader will be committing an offence if it does any of the following:

• omits material information that the average consumer needs, according to the context, to make an informed decision about a transaction
    • hides or provides material information in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely manner

Not stating that transfer will not be enabled at purchase is definitely a breach of this.

Not stating that there will be a delivery delay is also a breach of this.

The UK Consumer Marketing Authority have also been clear on this in the past, its no good hiding stuff away in the terms and conditions, it has to be upfront on the main purchasing page.

So what Ticketmaster are doing is illegal in the UK, I'm not sure if there is similar legislation here bit I'd imagine there is.

Advertisement