Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lana Del Rey - 3Arena - Friday 7th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

They care about touting in sense they want to capture all the money for themselves and the artist hence these measures including platinum tickets.

is ryanair a tout when it increases the price of seat? It’s same seat and price can dramatically increase if say a football fixture is announced.

There is no equivalent law to my knowledge in ireland so not illegal and even again ticketmaster ireland t&c’s clear both the hurdles you brought up

• 6. DELIVERY
    • 6.1 We aim to dispatch Tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on several factors, including when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for a particular event. For some events, we receive ticket stock from our Event Partners very close to the event date.

People are told that delivery dates are not confirmed and subject to being very close to the event.

• 7.1 We offer "Ticket Transfer" functionality in respect of many events. You can use Ticket Transfer, where available, to transfer Tickets you have purchased to your friends and family by logging into your Ticketmaster account and following the instructions.

And in regards to transfer it states that it offers it for many events, not all.

it provides material information to customers to make an informed that decision that ticket transfer is not a guarantee and tickets may arrive very close to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They don't care about touting as long as their boots have been filled to the point of restricting sales on goodwill sites even.

The comparison with airlines doesn't hold any weight with me.

Alternative arrangements can be made if Liverpool are playing home say fly to Manchester,Sheffield or Leeds and get the train. Perhaps pick another game or go a day earlier.

Airlines will be peak week of no drop in price, Tickettout release their non bought up platinum for the riff raff. Deception.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Look enough of defending Ticketmaster please, you obviously have some vested interest and are blinded to their abuse of their position.

Its no good hiding stuff away in the terms and conditions, which you have just mentioned, it has to be upfront on the main purchasing page.

Do you understand this, upfront on the main purchase page, not some drop down box, not something buried away in terms and conditions.

There was never a need for a delivery delay with Irish events before this year, none.

This was before there was strict legislation on resale so for you to state that the delay is to deter touting is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dmattmc

I got 7 rows from the back in J (Opposite N) for €104 after fees. That was the best I could get in the Three presale and was in the waiting room at 8:55. I had to go for seats cause my friends too short to stand, she'd be just looking at peoples backs aha.

I tried the MCD presale and general sale, in waiting room at 8:50, to see if I could get better seats for a similar price and sell these ones but either couldn't get anything or prices were crazy(er).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There's a real element of "a bird in the hand" about that. After this morning, I'm sure you're happy to be in the building.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

aha well the only risk would have been not being able to resell the other tickets I guess. There'd be no shortage of demand for them but from the posts above it seems like its not always straightforward to resell tickets, so probably for the best. And yeah the seats are grand, just wish it wasn't so overpriced.

"Ticketmaster Platinum Tickets are premium tickets made available by artists and event organisers through Ticketmaster.They give fans safe and fair access to some of the most in-demand tickets in the house at market-driven prices.

Why are these tickets a higher price than tickets on the main website? Are these re-sale tickets?

No these aren’t resale tickets. Platinum Tickets are being sold for the very first time through Ticketmaster. The prices are adjusted according to supply and demand, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true market value."

Give fans fair access to the best tickets my arse. And the comparison to airline tickets is just inaccurate. Airlines (especially Ryanair) put up the price of the last remaining tickets to say €250-350 on a busy flight so that they can afford to offer some of the initially available tickets at very low prices like €10-20. Ticketmaster are keeping the presale tickets at high prices and just price gouging on the tickets left for general sale based on the high demand for these. It does nothing beneficial for fans like they claim.

But this is another thing you are entitled to a full refund if simply changing mind within 24 hours.

They are not transparent with that, you can find it if you go looking for consumer rights but they facilitate immediate resells on their site happy to have grab another few euro from an uninformed.

Not defending ticketmaster, but if you state that X is illegal when it isn’t I’m just correcting you.

relevant information to some has always been included in terms and conditions.

tickets are usually in people’s account instantly, only for very high profile shows is there a delay till closer.

and yes having a short transfer window for tickets does inhibit the tout market.

ticketmaster official line is that it is for security purposes

• Advertisement

yes having a short transfer window for tickets does inhibit the tout market.

It inhibits the consumer as well.

You keep on going on about touts, where are these touts selling their tickets ???

The reason they are delaying delivery and transfer is to corner the resale market for themselves, its nothing to do with security, its not to help the public, its to make them more moola.

Thats the bottom line thats all Ticketmaster really care about, making as much money as possible.

touts sell tickets through twitter, Fb, Instagram etc you name it

So there is no real pivotal presence for this. Really like is there? List social media platforms, hmm. Name something else.

What you mainly get on social media is people posing as genuine ticket holders but they don't have any product and hope can goad someone into sending money through friends and family PayPal and whatnot. Most is plainly obvious they scammers.

TMs practices unfortunately no doubt might lead desperate people straight into these scammers hands.

Friends have bought tickets through social media for sold out shows for a premium aka definition of touting.

unsurprisingly in 2023 social media platforms and accounts are used to buy and sell things.

actually there is a website called irishtouts.com as the eBay for touts.

you should check it out.

I dunno Fanirish you were asked to shed visibility on the touts you banged on about and the best examples you came up with was a friend said type thingy and a website that seemingly doesn't exist maybe throw a link up?

No one is more prominent in the touting world than your buddies in Livenation. The promoter declared the show sold out at 8pm this evening even though no one can get tickets at sale price like 15 minutes after going on sale however you can currently buy tickets for 302yoyo.

Going back to your defence of them being like an airline, what full airline will allow you buy tickets when it says it's full?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I have no vested interest here but christ you talk some absolute rubbish backing up your so called made up facts!

What rubbish? I was joking about the website.

but yeah people or for better term touts sell tickets though social media platforms far in excess of “face value”.

so are you denying that touts don’t exist now?

Touts still exist in 2023.

The website was a joke when you didn’t get.

as for touts a quick search on any social media platform shows people selling tickets at tout prices to sold out shows. Are some of these scams? For sure, not denying that but from anecdotal evidence a number of these are legit touts selling tickets for double etc of face value.

similar to how touting websites like viagogo etc are a mixture of touts with legit tickets and scammers.

using “touting” to define live nation/ticketmaster selling platinum or demand tickets incorrect as the first of all the money is directly going to the artist. No third party is profiting from the ticket sale nor is a third party buying them to resell. Any definition of a ticket tout is someone buying tickets at one price and selling at an inflated price.

personally I don’t think platinum tickets should exist, artists/promoters in situations when it’s going to be sold out should instead hold back the best seats and offer them at a premium. People get a better view for a premium to a sold out show. That’s fairer to all involved. The customer gets a tangibly better product for a premium price.

as to specific situation of MCD announcing LDR being sold out whilst platinum tickets still available (not resale) that is obviously not proper.

I do understand that tickets that may have been held back for a number of legit reasons such as promoter holds, production holds can be released after a promoter has declared x is sold out.

also there is situations where tickets bought yesterday may have been cancelled, payment rescinded or flagged for fraud etc thus those tickets go back on sale after a public announcement of sold out.

also the artist allotment/hold of tickets may have changed and thus more are released.

should a promoter not announce “sold out” to a show cause they may be hold tickets but on sale at some point in the future, between holds and resale tickets no massive show or festival is truly sold out these days.

@Fanirish You were snarking at some earlier in the thread for inaccurate information and now the most eyeopening touts story you appeared to pinpoint is jokingly made up. So forgive me, I don't get it.

Absolutely nobody is saying touts don't exist in 2023 and stories of friends allegedly buying from randoms on social media is clearly small fry compared to what the Livenation cartel has running.

You have been speculating upon what ifs about measures in place more or less and when it's in front of you on poor practices it's just passed off as not proper.

A minor infraction as you continue to rally an understanding of their rule, where is the evidence an artist gets the entire platinum ticket money? This crowd take %'s of t-shirt money sold in their venue I highly doubt they don't take a cut.

No a promoter should not be allowed declare sold out if they still have tickets to sell!! Sold out is a measure to direct people to these Platinum portals in the belief this is the only way they can now go.

I never said all the money from platinum or on demand etc going to the artist. The extra money from selling platinum does go the artist, not 100% as obviously there is VAT and promoter taking agreed split.

a promoter may not currently have any more tickets they can sell, hence announcing sold out.

as listed above there is a ton of legit reasons why between announcing sold out and the show happening that additional tickets are made available.

to give examples: artist and promoters agree guestlist numbers. An arena artist like Lana Del Rey may require for the promoter to hold back 50 seats in the contract for each show. A few days or day of the show the agent/tour manager tells promoter “hey we don’t need 50 guestlist, only need 20. Sell the rest”.

People complain when promoters don’t announce if something is sold out.

similarly an agent may tell promoter to hold back certain rows near the stage as they don’t yet know what the set up will exactly be.

you often see promoters announce releasing these tickets as production tickets after they previously announced it being sold out.

Again the promoter at the time when announcing the sold out show didn’t know if these extra tickets would be made available.

• Advertisement

Read your post you said "firstly all the money is going directly to the artist" I don't know where I could have gone wrong on that honestly. Your words.

Again you are speculating strongly with irrelevant drivel they may not have tickets etc this thread is about Lana Del Reys gig and specifically for this gig they do have tickets to sell and they are selling them for €302!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is still six days away, why so many comments when the gig hasn't even happened yet. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Wait until the Taylor Swift tickets go on sale and we get all the subsequent, inevitable drama. There'll be even more comments, and the gigs will be a year away...

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rainbow2000

A long shot but desperate times call for desperate measures...

Anyone selling 2 tickets (I'd take anything at this stage) failed on presale and general. Very few resale coming up and those that are are 600euro plus for 2 tickets. Giving up hope on the scammers on facebook and donedeal and getting tired of refreshing ticketmaster. I am desperate.

Please take pity on me!!

Well I'm hoping there'll be more specifically a heads up tickets going back up. I'm sort of flexible so fingers crossed but I fear it may not be till the day of.

The Platinum tickets seem to have been removed.

I always wonder how there can be production seats in a venue like the 3Arena for basic shows especially if its standing downstairs.

Its not like other arena style venues where there are seats behind the stage.

Most of the time these "production" tickets are actually VIP holdbacks or demand manipulation, how can there be production tickets for an act like a standup comedian for example.

I can understand production tickets on the floor but not in tiered seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Spot on as usual but I am sure the one who knows it all will be on soon to contradict everything you said because he saw it on social media!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Any info on stage times lads? No support announced?

Edit: grand, up on the 3 Arena Twitter now.

Post edited by Stillill42 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ficra96

Ninap Are those tickets still available? Desperate for two tickets if yourself or anyone else has some! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

It's unlikely to bring about a ticket but I'm desperate. If you're genuine and have any ticket standing or seating for sale tomorrow PM me.

Advertisement