Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Towing a caravan - who would do this?

• 27-06-2023 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in buying a touring caravan in Wexford to use as an extra room / home office, so it'd live pretty much statically until maybe I get a tow bar fitted and feel adventurous. Given that I lack a tow bar, I'd like to have it towed to our place but have zero idea who would provide such a service (a tow truck company?....do they just tow cars?) or whether asking the seller to bring it to site would be unlikely to be well received.

I don't mind asking the potential seller - but assuming they don't fancy it (which is fair enough) who do people get to do this for them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Itineoman

I’d ask the seller. They are most likely already set up to do it. Would be worth paying them for fuel/time for their trouble. If they want it gone I think they would be happy to do it. How far is the journey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Where you based and where is the caravan based?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Some of the caravans I'm looking at are about 40 mins from our place - I've yet to choose a specific one though. Good to know there's no assumed service people use and that asking the seller is not a no-no.

Advertisement