Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oscar Wilde: Irish Ferries Rosslare - Pembroke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭Vic_08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

.. Blue Star 1 looked reasonable yet all I ever heard was whinges about it being poor.

The Club Class lounge was over the engine room and vibrated worse than anywhere else on the ship. It was small and pokey they never opened up some of it maybe didn't want to get it dirty. But worst of all there were no seats you could lie out on like the old Isle of Inishmore, Fine if the boat fills up you don't lie out on a seat but for a night time sailing when its near empty its annoying to have to pay extra for club class for the pleasure. Loading was also a pain because they could only use one low level ramp and never used it roll on roll off. Cars had to circle around the deck to be in position to get off the boat.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Was on it at weekend. Large parts were closed off. It was fine and comfortable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I assumed this was the previous Oscar Wilde returning, but looks like it's a different ship. Have they run out of names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭Polar101

I've been on it a few times on the Tallinn route.. it was fine for a two-hour crossing. It's not a fancy cruise ship or anything like that, just your usual passenger ferry.

Haven't been on the Blue Star, but this one is more Stena Adventurer than Stena Estrid, if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

it was fine for a two-hour crossing

Thats the problem. Rosslare Pembroke is 4 hours and when I get off I have a 6 hour drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I just spent some time on hols in Pembrokeshire, it's a lovely area, we ferried to Holyhead though. Why do they have ferries going into both Fishguard and Pembroke though? They're right beside each other.

Choice, competition and because there isn't room for two ferries to run from either Fishguard or Pembroke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,087 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's the same in the North - Cairnryan and Stranraer are right beside each other, 2 different ferry companies (and there used to be Dun Laoghaire and Dublin here as well).

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I have to say, the drive from Holyhead down to Pembrokeshire via Snowdonia national park etc. is possibly the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen, really stunning. A must do if you get the chance.

• Advertisement

Great run if you are doing it at your leisure not so good if you have to do it for business.

yeah we were on holliers camping here and there, but yeah the roads are windy af for hours on end

Advertisement