Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal details for bank transfer

• 28-06-2023 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently selling an item on facebook, I have a buyer that want to do a bank transfer, I have already sent my IBAN and BIC but they say they need my name and email address also as they are bank with BOI.

My question is, do you require the name email address for bank transfer or this some sort of scam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭bemak

in my experience an IBAN is all that's required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

For a Sepa Transfer an IBAN is all thats technically required but some banks ask for a heap of stuff, falling just short of asking for your blood group (bank of ireland business banking is a culprit here too!!) so if they enter the wrong name, email or any other information, the cash will still go through but the user might need to have something in there to allow them to trigger the transfer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ive setup multiple payees on BOI and not once have I needed those details. BIC/IBAN is all thats needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

When adding a PAYEE on your 365 online banking we require the name and IBAN of the beneficiary. We do not require an email address when adding a PAYEE.

Thanks,Niamh.

Advertisement