Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Cancellation

• 28-06-2023 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've looked up previous threads on phonewatch cancellation, I have seen out my first 12 months with them and the contract has now rolled over. I want to cancel due to moving home but am told repeatedly by them that once the contract rolls over after 30 days I have to pay out the remainder of it.

My original contract states: "The contract shall have an initial service period of 12 months. At the end of the initial service period, the contract will be renewed automatically and continue to be in force until terminated by any party with a 1 months’ notice period. If the Customer does not with the contract to be automatically renewed, it must inform the Company no later than 30 days prior to the expiry of the initial service period."

I read above as saying after initial 12 months I am free to cancel with 1 months notice. I have called them on May 30th to say I want to cancel, I challenged the need to pay out anymore money after one month notice but they continue to state over the phone that I need to pay out the contract. Even after I called out above statement to them.

Anyone recently had success leaving them? I am tempted now to just cancel the direct debit but I hear they will pass the debt over to a collection agency. Will I be stung with a bad credit rating.

On the last call today the lady proceeded to terminate the account.

Thanks

Advertisement