Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Air Corps aircraft video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭sherology

Nothing t do with EI but thought the AvGeeks might like a look inside the new Airbus C295 delivered to the air corp today.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It was out doing circuits right over my house every few minutes about an hour ago, quite low too 😀

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Damn that is a saucy looking plane, and has some very fancy tech on board.... very fancy indeed.

Am I right in thinking the airframe is loosely based off the ATR? perhaps the 42 (just with the addition of the big a$$ to accommodate the ramp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

It is completely unrelated to the ATR family.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nice bit of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Good to see that it has some multirole capability, we have zero capacity to airlift personnel or cargo otherwise. As the chaos in Sudan demonstrated, we need the capability to get diplomats/citizens out of a bad situation rapidly without having to depend on EU or NATO partners (if we're going to maintain our faux neutrality, anyway). Triple lock needs to go for the exact same reason.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

No, it's a longer and more powerful derivative of the CASA CN-235 it'll be replacing. ATR have their own separate military offerings based on the ATR 72.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I was at RIAT back in 2014/2015. The Aer Corps CN235 was static display that year. I was chatting to the crew inside, they said that the CASA staff were very welcoming to the crew.

Obviously thinking that the flight crew might influence a possible purchase!!!!

Advertisement