Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tune up races during marathon training block

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Yeah, you're probably right. No point in risking it. I might look at doing the Frank Duffy or the Kilcock 10 mile instead.

Training is going well, thanks. I'm a third of the way through Hanson and it's been fairly smooth sailing so far. Hope all's going well with your build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

I was thinking of doing Kilcock aswell, if I do I will race it, have some unfinished business over 10 miles, going to hold off until committing until I get the next couple of weeks of training out the way.

Great to hear your plan is going smoothly so far, I had a couple of really easy weeks in June but ramping it up now, will sneak over the 60 mile mark this week and the plan will top out around 70 mpw/ not putting myself under the same pressure as Chicago last year for race day and will just take what comes my way.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Yeah, the more I think of it Kilcock seems the best option for me. Five weeks out so a week of recovery and then two more big training weeks before the taper.

We're obviously in a very similar place with the training. I've had a couple of 60 mile weeks, a step back last week, and should hit 65 for this week tomorrow. Not planning on going much higher than 70 either. And likewise I'm pretty relaxed about Berlin. I hit my big target last year so no real pressure this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Interesting discussion. I had the same question for my block and came to the same Tullamore-shaped conclusion. Might see you there. For me the main reason for racing was to try out shoes/gels/belts etc. in a race environment. Just need to decide now how much taper/recovery to allow - probably minimal for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Yeah another really good reason too for the race. Hopefully I get to say hello😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Hope everyones training is going well! Are many heading to Kilcock this weekend?

Advertisement