Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forsa and the civil service

• 30-06-2023 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

CS threads constantly bemoan the lack of engagement of Forsa on behalf of workers. Is this really the case? Have they left workers down on issues such as flexi-time, annual leave and inflation? Or is it more role specific, are they weak on probation and increment parity depending on grade?

Would a new more focused union be better?

From my own experience, it's hard to see why I'd join a union that does so little to promote my interests. At the same time, I think the idea of collective bargaining could be very beneficial if carried out properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

There was a union a few years back: cpsu : it was for civil and public service workers only.

I think it was better.

It was merged in with forsa a few years back.

I don't think civil service a priority for forsa but that's just my personal view.

Advertisement