Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

For those who got interview dates are they in person or remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jessshel

They are through zoom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Findlay

Do we know what oom have been called to interview? How many in the batch and how long does it take to interview a batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

Has anyone worked on the written? I can't remember the 2nd question. I know this is part of the interview so I'd like to prep and answer for both. I'm guessing we might be asked if we would add to it or if we stand by our answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭aaron5250

I emailed asking how many have been called to interview for this comp. Reply below.

"Order of merit reached for Dublin open stream.

Open stream: 100"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm open to correction but didn't the second part encourage you to recall scenarios you'd encountered in your own working life, scenarios that might have informed your decision making in the first part?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thats quite a lot for the first week, here's hoping to be called around xmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Not sure whether to wish everybody Goodluck or badluck so it moves faster 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭vatsie76

Not sure what the question was , but my answer was definitely not this 🥲 I went on panic mode after reading your comment. Any idea what happens if we misfire a part of the question. Anyone who has done the interview, can you please throw some light on this. How is written test assessed by the panel ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I neglected the second element too, to be honest. But if you're clear on why you would have taken a certain course of action, it was probably based in something you saw play out? So I'd say drill down on that, and think about how it illustrates your skills & experience.

I'm open to hearing what others think - I've never done any PAS interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

I've only been in the civil service for a few months, so I answered the first part as best I could and kept referring to the competencies that were given.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hessbess

Did anyone have their interview today? How’d it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

I had mine this morning. Went pretty well, I feel! Questions were more or less what I expected - a quick run through my education and professional history, and then the competency areas. I don't recall any questions that were too 'out there', honestly. Both the interviewers were very friendly and efficient. Settling in now for the next long wait, lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hessbess

Congrats on getting through it 😊 My interview is tomorrow and panic studying at this point 😆

Did they focus on your current role, like stats or that kind of thing? My HEO said I needed so much info about my current section but it’s not like the interviewers will know anything about my section.

Batch 1 got placed very quickly last year, like within a couple of months. Hopefully we’ll be the same 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭336699

Just got my invitation to interview, OOM in the 200s. They seem to be moving quickly so far.

Any tips for the interview greatly appreciated 😀

Did they ask about the essay or was it more general questions around it?

No, they didn't really make any direct reference to it. More general questions about people management/leadership/conflict resolution,that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭aaron5250

Wow! they are really moving quickly. Best of luck with your interview.

Thank you!! Oh I was there myself, don't worry 😂 This time tomorrow you'll get to relish that sweet sweet post-interview feeling.

Nah, there was more of a focus on my past experiences honestly. I guess it probably depends on the candidate and the interviewers.

Very best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Now I'm worried they'll get to me sooner than I thought! 😳 Thanks for the help all, best of luck. Do keep us updated if the interview updates your OOM or if you get assigned very soon.

Congrats! Wow yeah, they do seem to be moving quickly. Hopefully that bodes well for all of us 😄

I would just make sure you're very familiar with the competency descriptions and know how your experiences match them. I had two examples prepared for each, so there was never any question that caught me wrong-footed; I could always draw on something.

Best of luck with your prep! 😊

Today was the first day for interviews was it now?

So maybe looking at the middle of November for interview if they are up to 1000+ by then - better start practicing now lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭EduKate

This is from the familiarisation info they provide for interview candidates: "Candidates will not be questioned directly on their written exercise answers and therefore will not be provided with a copy of them. "

Thought that was more the situation stuff since the essay is new

Do you mind me asking what board you had? My interview is Wednesday and I’m stressing so much as I failed last year o people management. I have all my competencies done out but feel like I get in my own head too much and then just draw a blank . Hope you hear back soon best of luck 🤞

Best of luck 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bookworm23

I got invited for an interview in 2 weeks time but I will be on holiday 🫤 I emailed requesting to reschedule, has anyone ever done this before and does this mean I go to the bottom of the list so to speak?

One part of me is relieved I get more time to prepare and the other half just wanted to get it over with!

I had Board 4 🙂 All very pleasant and professional.

What board do you have? If you've the same, maybe I can try to remember more specifically what sort of questions they asked in the people management portion of the interview.

Good luck! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭vatsie76

Hi folks, can you pls advice if the examples can be related to studies, like in Masters dissertation which I did in 2022 and also from work experience like 15 years back ? for some reason my best example is from past work experience where I was in a good position as a project quality manager. Being a CO here, I cannot recollect any good recent example.

Advertisement