Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bigmac_a

If you were offered a position that was in the office 5 days a week, could you go back to PAS and ask for somewhere else? I’ve got 1.5 hour commute each way, and I wouldn’t be able for it 5 days a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If you refuse a placement you are off the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Don't talk yourself out of a job before you've heard the T&Cs. If that's what's on the table, it would be worth relaying your circs to whoever contacts you. I'm not sure what they could do, but you worked hard to get this far - don't give up at this stage, without at least explaining your situation.

Also remember you could be waiting months before you are even eligible for remote working

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭defiantdancer

@fritzelly is that really the case? I did not know that. Where I am as CO -there is no remote working available to me. I was never informed by PAS that it was full onsite beforehand. It was only when I started the role I found out it was fully onsite😔 I have often wondered would I have been able to go back to PAS & request a different placement. At least this answers my question!

• Advertisement

From the EO comp booklet

Once reached on the panel, a candidate will normally be considered for one position only. Once assigned to a position, a candidate will be removed from the panel will no longer be considered for any future positions

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Shar!

My Daughter was offered TCO but it was in awkward place and would have took 2 buses and over 1 hour and half to get there and when she asked about somewhere else was told of she turned it down she was off the panel so it’s same for it all , 2 years flies in and with mobility an option now u could opt for somewhere else that has remote working in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 helpagirlout22

They ran an internal comp and only roughly 20 people applied so maybe that's where you heard 20 from. I was told mainly IPAS cause I'm hoping if I do pass the tests/interview that I get IPAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭skidmarkoner

You can refuse an offer that is over 40kms from your home

• Registered Users Posts: 11 polpenloonep24

Most places are 5 days a week for the first couple of months. Courts staff have to be in court and there’s little option to work from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

Does anyone know what OOM they’ve called to interview yet? TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Completely unfair, in that case they should get a generous bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It's the 21st Century, blended working is the future, much better work/life balance, many people don't want to be stuck in traffic 5 days a week. Also it allows people who live in different Counties to wfh and only have to attend the office part time, fulltime office work is a 19th Century relic. In the last survey I saw 70% of CS employees preferred a blended working option, I don't know anyone who's in a office 5 days a week including private sector friends.

Post edited by Technocentral on

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭EduKate

Fwiw, I work 5 days a week in an office for the Dept of Justice.

Moving to the DSP and wfh 4 days a week would save me ≈€832 per year in public transport costs and ≈416 hours per year commuting.

The result of some parts of Justice not offering WFH is that it has a higher turnover rate as people apply for mobility or comps to get out of there as soon as possible. A bonus might offer some incentive to stay, but will obviously never ever happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M1ntyPyth0n

What sort of information is given to you when you get an offer / what sort of questions would people recommend asking if possible? Obviously blended working policy is one a lot of people will consider, but are you able to get any info about what you'd actually be doing in a specific department?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Most staff are 3 days a week in the office in Justice.

I would definitely consider a move to anywhere with 1-2 days in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

The "bonus" is flexi time basically.

EO's in the Courts Service often can't wfh at all because they have a court going role as a registrar, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pip1414

Been told by PAS today that I'm going to receive an email with Garda vetting link. Does anyone when I'll actually get the link?

• Advertisement

HEO would be registrar level no? Certainly is where I work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I got mine within a couple of hours. PAS were pretty efficient on this, I found.

EO's and HEO are registrars where I work.

If you check the booklets for the internal EO comps, looks like it's similar in other places across the country.

Post edited by EduKate on

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭blondie1985

Hi everyone ,

My best friend got dept of equality, disability , interrogation and children. Do they have working from home ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 justgoose

Hi everyone, 

I applied for EO and scored Open Stream OOM: 70, was in batch 1 for interview and after my interview I moved to Open Stream: 53.

I filled out a bunch of forms, finished my garda vetting and have confirmed my reference can be contacted – that was the last contact I had with them on October 20th. Should I send a follow up email? It’ll be three weeks on Friday since I heard anything, is that normal?

Weirdly, in between I had a message on my board and it was asking me to do step 1 all over again so I replied asking if this was correct and they said it was resent to and to ignore. 

new to the boards so apologies if I’m posting in the wrong place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Just did my interview- phew, it was a bit intense!! Not at all sure how I did, but gave a decent account of myself.

How long before feedback does anyone know?

Interviews from Batch 1 ended on Friday, Sept 15th. Results were released on Wednesday, Sept 20th.

Interviews from Batch 2 ended on Friday, Oct 6th. Results were released on Wednesday, Oct 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bichonfrise7

What was your rough oom if you don’t mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CMC96

Hi! Congrats on making it this far in the process, it's a long one lol.

I had a similar experience after I sent my last documents off to my clearance contact. After about two weeks I emailed her to ask if there was any issue, and if I could help in any way. It turned out one of my references hadn't gotten back to her yet, so I wrote a gently prompting text message to them and they sent it back shortly afterwards.

During that window of time I also got the message on my board asking for proof of eligibility, but I just ignored it. Probably should have checked the way you did, just in case! I just assumed that my ongoing communication with my clearance contact was proof enough that it must have been sent in error.

I don't know if any of this helps, but good luck! :)

Advertisement