Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Keep an eye out for internal and external HEO recruitment panels, there's plenty of recruitment at the mo across certain areas like the NSSO, Justice and Gardaí. You'd have to have 2 years service behind you before applying for internal but the externals are fair game I think. (just some positions might be more specialized)

To my knowledge the pensions can be based off a 'career average' salary so the faster you go up the grades, the better ideally. Plus I think they offer more options the higher your grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JBR97

is anybody else getting a ‘this email address doesn’t exist’ when sending off eligibility check?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭egan23

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JeDo

Hi I’ve been on a career break for the past seven months and tbh thought I’d be back in work and all before they would get to my number on the panel so I am totally out of sync with this competition. Is there no e-tray this time around? Do we just interview and get an oom if we pass? Then wait to be placed? If so would anyone know roughly how long placement would take? Just trying to suss out if it would cut my career break short as I have travel plans set up to see out the remaining time I have on career break😅

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭JennyZ

As an EO, would the normal reporting strcture be EO > HEO, or EO > AO or would it depend on the role/Dept?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Summeryet

Does anyone know the OOM on interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 JJfd

Open 1790 OOM

only emailed today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summeryet

thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

HI, interview to start was 6 weeks

Does anyone know if you still need to show proof of leaving cert or qualification if you are in the service longer than the 2 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 JBR97

just wondering how many departments is work from home likely ? I know obviously there’s some shift work involved in some places but most people I know are comfortably getting 3 days at home a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 holl1518

hi did you hear back yet? I also got placed but haven’t received my call from HR either. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EmbitterGlitter

@holl1518 same, got the email confirmation of being assigned to DoJ on the 15th but nothing from them as of yet. Eager to hear the details!

Hi, I got a place in the dept of Justice, I received on public jobs that HR will be in touch with my assignment and role shortly, it’s been over a week now and I haven’t heard anything back yet? Does anybody know how long it takes please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stonet123

Is anyone going for the interdepartmental HEO comp as a CO ? Probably won’t be successful but gonna chance my arm

thank you for the reply, maybe it extra vetting that is required, fingers crossed for us both that we hear soon. Thank again

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kellyf17

I used to work on promotions cases and have seen lots of CO’s being promoted to HEO so definitely apply. The usual is EO to HEO but it is not unusual for a CO to get to HEO at all. Go for it, even for the experience alone it’s worth it 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Stonet123

thanks for that I’m in AGS and there’s an inter one so might throw my name into the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Crazy the amount of us getting assigned DOJ! (no surprise with the IPO and immigration) I've heard HR are a bit overwhelmed as a result so best to be patient 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nick_Nolte

Does the DOJ have WFH since most seem to be getting assigned to it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭egan23

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Depends on the dept, courts area for example very unlikely. My dept is 1 day only

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M1ntyPyth0n

I'm in the main Dept. Three days at home with Tue and Wed as anchor days. I understand an office like the IPO or Burgh Quay, or Courts Service might have less WFH days due to paper files, processing volume or more face-to-face customer contact. If you search the thread, there's a fair bit of info on DOJ from people who placed earlier in the competition.

Fórsa rep emailed the other day about WFH in DOJ changing for new hires where it's 3-4 months before you can apply to WFH. I was up and running in four weeks and the other new hire that started a month ago got theirs up the second week in the office from the looks of it. In fairness, they're still pushing for WFH Flexi accrual like some of the pilots that were trialed in other teams/Depts.

I got my unit and office location really early off HR but it took nearly four weeks to get the contract sent from them by email. I only got it the Thursday week before I started, and I was anxious as all hell over it as I was moving for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MoSan

JJfd yes I had to show my leaving cert results even though I'm over 2 years in the civil service.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prin2023

Did you just have to state your results or did you have to get a copy?

Did you just have to state your results or did you have to get a copy?

looking for LC results from someone in their 30s or 40s is crazy. I barely remember school.

I know, thats what I'm wondering. I am in the service 7 years, but havent a notion what I got in the leaving.. dont want to get stung if it is not correct

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LAC95_

anyone who has done interviews this week know when results will be out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 MoSan

I had to send in a picture of my certificate. Luckily I still had it 20+ years later, but if you don't someone further up gave details of where to request it

Advertisement