Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LAC95_

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Kellyf17

I just got my assignment date with DOJ… not until 6th August. Is this the normal timeframe does anyone know? It seems very long from being told that you’re being assigned there in May to not actually being assigned for another nearly 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Be careful sharing dates or confidential email updates throughout the process, as it can reveal who you are on Boards and many depts monitor these forms.

That being said, try negotiating with them for better dates/options. They're screaming out for staff so might be flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Results are in folks.

Almost a year after starting the thread, I have found out I've passed. Absolutely chuffed.

This forum was a huge help in prepping. Best of luck everyone.

results are out! Hope everyone did well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 JJfd

results are out..

can someone explain to me how it works now? Do we just wait for them to contact us again to begin clearance etc? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 9 iykyk

Is there any flexibility on the date given that I need to provide my LC Level 4? I've been given only a week's notice. I just ordered it but it says it can take up to 2 weeks. Wondering if they are OK to wait longer than deadline if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just email them to say you have to order it, I did and they're grand - but make sure to email them and not ignore it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 iykyk

• Registered Users Posts: 35 will346

Hi. Did anyone happen to note down the expiry date of this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ihope

I cleared but am worried about the next step.

What and how many references do civil servants have to provide ? the current manager or anyone in the department. Will the previous Dept reference be good, I've had good managers in my old department, my current work place I've just started here and the manager is absolutely horrid I don't want to go to them. It might be almost two months before they ask for a reference but i must be ready for this, as the new department and manager has a negative approach. I don't want to ask them for a reference it might derail my promotion.

Thank you guys for all the advise and help.

Have you not already told your line manager you were applying for promotion and got it?
    Most dept's would be encouraging you to go for it
    They go for references from your last two positions and your yearly review report.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JBR97

clearance done and dusted. Have decided to take the risk and bank on a blended working post. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JBR97

clearance done and dusted. Have decided to take the risk and bank on a blended working post. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ihope

I told, my previous HEO, one of the APs helped me, even my PO was so helpful and we were going to do mocks, but before my interview was I went to another new department. The management here is frigid the atmosphere is tense. I'm very new here. My old PO knows about the CS exams and interviews that were lined up and was more than happy to help out for the interviews. I came to a new department. So I prepped for the interview myself. I have spent 2 years in one dept and am here only few months. I have a report till 2023.

Does PAS ask for reference from my current manager or will any senior manager in the current office be good ?

thank you.

They can't give you a bad reference so don't worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KellyKapowski

Is there any way of knowing where they are regarding oom once you've passed the interview ? Or is it just a waiting game and hope they reach you before the panel expires!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Danny Doodle

You can email Largevolumerecruitment5@publicjobs.ie for info on OOM. As far as I am aware the panel is running until August but may be extended. If you have got a message to say you passed the initial tests it's pretty much a safe bet to say you will receive an interview so I wouldn't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubbloke100

Does anybody know if they are currently still doing interviews?

I haven't heard of anybody being called lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GabiNaschffer

is there anyone waiting on doj for the starting date? 😬

I was waiting about 2 weeks for start date. Got it 2 weeks ago and it isn’t until August, which I thought was very long. Not sure if that’s the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭pygmaliondreams

Not the norm no, maybe you're going to a new team that isn't ready to take staff or most of HR is on shorter working year or holidays lol.

I don't understand how the civil service gets away with all of the waiting.

Thanks for that @pygmaliondreams … I know when my current dept hires they try get them as quickly as possible but I suppose it makes sense that there are lots on hols or SWY

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sayra23

@GabiNaschffer got my start date on 22nd May. Still no idea where I am going with the start date approaching!

@dubbloke100 mine is next week so they are still on going. Not sure what number they are on now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GabiNaschffer

so I guess I just have to wait 😅 … got the department last Thursday… #anxiety 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Would anyone know if you are already an EO and are using interview for transfer are you kind of guaranteed to pass or?

Advertisement