Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jimbomacers

the annoying part is I will have to attend the office everyday for a month or so for training, which is understandable I guess. Justice HR doesn’t know which unit I will be placed on yet, I presume it will be the International Protection Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JJfd

Anyone know at what stage you are officially an EO? regarding pay and stuff. Is it from the date of results or from the date you get placed or start date in the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Arsenal101

@JJfd it's your official start date. 😃

brilliant thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stonet123

Has batch 12 pre employment check started yet does anybody know ? Eagerly waiting in 1: …

• Advertisement

it has started but very early numbers . Batch 12 is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LAC95_

does anyone know the salary scale for us starting EO in the coming weeks? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 19 M1ntyPyth0n

The first point of the scale is €36,044 (since 1 June 2024). I am now paid fortnightly.

If your current pay as a civil servant is above the minimum, you may be put at the nearest point on the EO scale plus one increment. See §1.2 of Circular 08/2019.

Fórsa publish the pay scales on their website fyi. We have an additional pay increase of 1% or €500, whichever is the greater, due on 1 October this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gotobann00

For references, if the manager or anyone else you worked with no longer works in the company - whose details do you recommend giving? Has anyone had an experience with something similar to this? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭HiggieL

I would just give your new manager details. It's more of a tick box reference form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Blondie_80

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how long the pre-employment checks take to complete? I’m in the interdepartmental, I thought they only contacted my current line-manager?

Are people still mostly being appointed to Dept. of Justice?

Thanks!

Post edited by Blondie_80 on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Scallywags7986

For those who have passed your interview can you please advise how many weeks was it from the date of your interview to actually starting in your new role?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 iykyk

4 months for me. There were many stages after that of providing documentation, checks and references etc. I think it typically takes a little less time for most (3 / 3.5 months).

Thanks a mill - I've my interview soon and please god I pass I've my SWY for 2 weeks in October which I'd planned for over a year so hoping I can still take it or start after it. I know you can't apply for SWY while on probation but not sure what happens when it's already been approved for a year.

Post edited by Scallywags7986 on

Don't worry, same thing happened to me and they were lovely and flexible on the start date.

Thanks again - it was such a worry playing on my mind! Hope you are all settled and loving the new role

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leafy65

Does anybody know where they are with the OOM currently?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

I’m in 2200’s and have interview this day next week 😱😱

Does requests to retain speed up the process at all ? My department sent one to PAS for me

• Registered Users Posts: 38 will346

Hi all. Anyone know how long after reference checks are complete does it take to get a start date? I'm assuming if references are sought, then they will offer a position? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 vinaya

Subject was expression of interest and saying this position is for all in that completion number hi I recently got an email saying it’s this position is for everyone 

that position is in central statistics office cork 

They are saying it’s urgent requirement and if I don’t accept it they would place me in the panel in the order of merit 

can anyone guide me as I may not go further as I stay in Dublin so will I be considered in the panel yet even if I don’t accept

Post edited by vinaya on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ash_94

I had my interview today! Can someone tell me how long they were waiting on their results? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

@stonet123 Mine did. Got word I passed the interview at the end of March and my department put in the request to keep me that day. Found out I was kept 2wks later and started as EO the first week of May (delay was on my departments side so should've started earlier). So it was 5wks in total for me

thanks for that I’m currently in AGS and I’m happy enough to stay put, I’m in batch 13 I know 12 is huge but hopefully not too long waiting !

I’m batch 12 and still waiting for the clearance email 8 weeks on. Anyone know what OOM they are at on batch 12 for clearance?

@ash_94 i was 7 days waiting

jaysis some wait, hopefully with the summer holidays coming to a close and with the kids going back to school it begins to pick up again and speeds up

I know!! Hopefully 🤞🏼 I know once you send back the clearance it’s very quick but it’s getting to that first 😂

One week for me Heard similar timeliness for others. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 LAC95_

Advertisement