Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Castle concert pick-up

Options
  • 30-06-2023 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

I have to collect my daughter after a concert in Malahide Castle. Looking for suggestions on where would be a good place to park up and wait with easy access to the M50?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah...I hope you like traffic, Malahide is bad for traffic at the best of times and is going to be wedged after the concert

If you're looking for somewhere to sit and wait while waiting for the call to pick her up then Applegreen Mountgorrey has parking and facilities. I don't think they're 24 hours though, worth checking

Street parking along the estuary road might also be an option, and in theory she can walk towards you as you crawl into the town

There's also the road entrance to the castle along Back Road, which has the advantage that it's slightly removed from the town. There's a car park along that road past the castle entrance

They might close that for traffic diversions however, so worth checking

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I'd say somewhere along Yellow Walls road. You can get to and from M50 from there without having to go to Malahide village which will be closed to traffic after the concert. The "back road" mentioned above is where the concert parking is so would not be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

Advertisement