Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Water Connection Fees and Development Levies - waived?

Options
  • 30-06-2023 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

So I have planning permission in place and a contract in place with a builder for a single domestic house. Build is to start in July and expected completion date is October 2014.

Have I got this right:

1.) Any Water and Wastewater connection charges charged by Irish Water will be refunded to me as per the new Govt support package announced in April?

2.) Development Contribution levies charged by the county council (as specified in the grant of planning permission) and paid by the developer are being waived, again as part of the Govt support package announced in April? So in theory this saving should be passed onto me from the developer?

Have I got this right or am I misunderstanding this new Govt support package?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before (did a search but couldn't find anything)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where does the developer come into this if you have PP yourself for a one off house and have your own builder? Sorry but your post is unclear.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Philcan

Developer is the word used in the grant of planning permission letter, referring to the person who is to pay the development contributions. I'm actually not sure if that refers to me or my builder.

But in either case my question still stands: have development contributions been waived?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,041 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In that case the development contributions will be waived providing the work commences between 25 April 2023 and 24 April 2024 and are completed before 31 December 2025

Advertisement