Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water dipping from tap constantly.

Options
  • 01-07-2023 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi folks. I'm trying to replace the old mixer tap in the upstairs bathroom myslef as I thought it would be an easy job. However, despite turning off the main water supply and turning off the valves in the house the water is still dipping from the tap. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've found that due to the age of some plumbing some taps can keep dripping even when you've turned off everything.

If it is just a drip you can sometimes lessen it by turning on other taps in the house. That might give you enough leeway to change the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sir_luksik

Unfortunately the issue is not with the tap itself. The water is still coming to the tap through small plastic pipes from the floor. When is unscrew the tap the water is just coming, it's at very low pressure but still. Will be a.lot of water by the time I change the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you have a length of pipe coming up to the tap then you can cut it and very quickly put in an insert then put on a push fit isolation valve

https://www.woodies.ie/push-fit-fittings-1-2-pack-of-plastic-inserts-335723

https://www.woodies.ie/plumbing-valves-1-2-pushfit-isolation-valve-336225

Only issue is checking if you have 1/2 inch or 15mm pipe. Irish fittings are imperial but there is still metric pipe around.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement