Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farm Consultants North Cork

Options
  • 03-07-2023 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Folks, can anyone recommend a farm consultant who offers the service of walking around the farm giving advice on what can be done with buildings and if grants are available to fix these buildings up. Also what would be required if animals were to be put back into these sheds e.g sewage and spacing standards.

I would also like to know what I could expect to pay as this would be a first.

Thanks in advance folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Dealing with any consultant your first priority should be the quality of service provided and they should have a good track record, if price is your first priority then you will get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 farmer1990

It's funny you say that, I'd an architect call out to the house for an extension charging me 800 for that service then turned around asking for 22k for drawings and planning submission didnt get any intial drawings or ideas from him, got a local fella who called out for free, sketched a few ideas on the spot and ask for 3k all in! Went with him and couldn't be happier, that's why I asked about price

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

All I am saying is that the cheapest is not always the cheapest if you know what I mean. Consultant will probably put money into your pocket re schemes etc where as an architect will take it from your pocket.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Paudy in AgriTxt is worth talking to: http://agritxt.ie/

He's not officially a farm consultant but he's a very knowledge man. And a nice guy to boot.

Based in Buttevent

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Aidan Kelly, used to have an ad. on DoneDeal. Don't know if he still has.

Sound bloke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭White Clover

What about @Bass Reeves of this forum? A very knowledgeable poster who expressed an interest in this area of work some time back. Would not be a million miles away either I'd imagine. @farmer1990 can you give an idea of location in North Cork. It's a good stretch from Fermoy to Rockchapel !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

It is indeed, Fergus Blake in Charleville would be somewhere in the middle, he'd ne more on the Financial and Management side but has a good practical experienced head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 farmer1990

Haha! That's fair enough near banteer and kanturk, cheers for the suggestions folks

Advertisement