Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheat codes burned into you memory

Options
  • 03-07-2023 1:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone else got cheat codes that they will remember until they are on their deathbed.

Here's some of mine, guess the game and what it does:

IDDQD

IDKFA - Doom, all weapons and keys

IDCLIP - Doom, clip through walls

DNSTUFF - Duke Nukem 3D

Up, Down, Left, Right, hold A, press start. - Sonic the Hedgehog level select

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

A, B, A, C, A, B, B

Set your starting shurikens to 00 in the options and wait 30 seconds.

give me power you poxy fuckwit (one of the least offense cheat codes in this one)

And then this particular doozy:

Lick your finger and rub it rapidly across the controller port.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Up, Down, Left, Right, hold A, press start. Sonic the hedgehog. allowed you to pick any level.

The first couple are from Doom and Duke Nukem arent they?

Ill never forget:

how do you turn this on, rock on, robinhood, cheese steak jimmy's and lumberjack

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sphinxicus

IDKFA from doom will go with me to my grave - that gave you "all the things" if i remember right. All wepons, full ammo etc.

IDCLIP allowed you to pass through walls i think.

I cant tell you how i ever came about these codes as i didnt have internet back then and never bought game magazines. I guess it was just word of mouth and school legends.

I once played another 3d first person shooter like doom but it was wizards and that kind of thing, i tried the IDKFA code to see what it would do and it punished me for trying to cheat by taking away all my wepons lol

oh and i can probably still remember the 10 move combo for Yoshimitsu on playstation Tekken if you put a controller in my hand

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That wizard thing was Heretic and it was built on the same engine as doom. T

hey added the negative cheat effects for doom cheats which was quite funny. thanks for that unlocked memory!

Yep, Doom and Duke 3D.

sphinxicus has been right about what they do

I'll edit the original post with correct answers.

Feel free to add your own. I'm expecting some old school GTA ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Inviere

Down R Up L Y and B at the Capcom logo....ah good times

Also an action replay code burned into my brain, same game...7E0C 6001

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SF2 unlock the bosses?

Either that or enable mirror match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

"TenPints" - Amiga Shadow Of The Beast 2 infinite energy cheat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Dullard

Down up left left A right down

Blood in mortal Kombat. 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

ABCCBACBAAACACBCACACABCB

Robocop v Terminator on the mega drive for infinite health(I think)

Mirror match, yep. Bosses could never be unlocked on SF2 Snes, the programming code simply wasn't there. I remember the Action Replay codes claiming to allow you to play as the bosses, and indeed they'd show you the boss character during the "Round 1....Fight!" intro, but as soon as the round started, black screen. The Action Replay code I remembered above is for extreme speed as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Totally going to play a few games this evening after finding this thread.

any recommendations from here? https://www.myabandonware.com/browse/name/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

THE ONLY NEAT THING TO DO

Infinite Lives for Back To The Future 2 on the Amiga

• Registered Users Posts: 34,953 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Even better, uncensored version of the game:

Pause game play and press C, B, A, B(2), A, B(2), C, B(2), C(2), B(2), C, B, C, A, C(2), A(3), B(3), A, C, A.

You'll have female enemies which were removed and few other cool little extra bits like more death animations for Robocop.

I remember my aunt left a notepad piece of paper on my Megadrive when I was a kid, had the Sonic level select code and the debug code written on it:

On the title screen, press Up, C, Down, C, Left, C, Right, C, A+Start. Keep holding A until Sonic appears on screen.

I was young enough to have never even heard of a cheat code before, thought it was some kind of magic!

Actually managed to figure out the Shinobi shurikens cheat by myself messing about in the options menu one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,438 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Bullfrog had some great childish humour with their cheat codes

To activate cheat mode in Syndicate Wars you had to name your character Pooslice (or Poohslice, can't remember exactly)

You would know you'd got it correct because the game would make this 8 bit type sound which I think was supposed to be a fart noise

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Poke 35136,0 manic miner infinite lives circa 82 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Up, Down, Left, Right, A, B, C, C, B, A, A-B-C and Start, that was Sonic, can't remember for what exactly, invincibility maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I mean surely this is the code to rule them all? R2, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

GTAIII and more

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Go Through Walls in Gauntlet with Merlin / Elf / etc by pressing the Symbol Shift key with the movement button on the ZX Spectrum

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

HAIRYARSEHOLES spelled backwards for CJ's Elephant Antics on the C64 😃 different times...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

00 Shurikens was Revenge of Shinobi. Perfect for when you endlessly wanted to that jumping arc attack.

A, B, A, C, A, B, B - MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Not quite cheat code.. In Robocod at the start take items in this order: Cake, Hammer, Earth, Apple, Tap. Permanent invincibility.

Doom/Heretic codes already done...

• Advertisement

iddqd was invincibility in doom as well too, wasnt it ?

codes from two games that I will always remember

COINAGE, QUARRY, WOODSTOCK and PEPPERONI PIZZA. Also NO FOG. - Late 1990's RTS game.

Cash, showmap and lumber - Mid 1990's RTS game.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,097 ✭✭✭✭beertons

DNSTUFF. Jeez I remember that.

Mental block here on the name of the game I'm thinking of. Midnight something, on C64. siameseAAA gave invisibility. Would never have completed the game without it.

Pretty sure typing siamese123 at some point in Midnight Resistance on the C64 gave unlimited lives

• Registered Users Posts: 20,259 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

@Tefral "Ill never forget:

how do you turn this on, rock on, robinhood, cheese steak jimmy's and lumberjack"

Age of Empires 2. Classic game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭PommieBast

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

EEL NATS

Spider-Man PS1 to unlock everything. Pretty sure I could guess a few of the others with a few tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CylonXIII

FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup

Change the name of any Ireland player to "Spud" to unlock Hot Potato mode, can't be in possession of the ball for longer than 24 seconds or else your entire team dives on the ground, it was excellent craic!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

IDSPISPOPD in doom. turned on god mode.

if you called your team COOPERTEAM in syndicate it gave you all the weapons.

Advertisement