Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband switch deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

They’re coming tomorrow

thought twas today

🙄

I’ll see where and what they intend doing

before I make them stop or go ahead

the sweetner is the 2 mobile deals for son and myself

saving e20 a month plus all u can eat data

free to other companies etc

its a no brainier,

and the e100 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

Didnt know it was a 150 euro to get out of your virgin media contract. Thought it was the usual 50 like your gas and electric. Stung for the 150. 😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The digiweb 40 euro offer is enticing

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Limpar

Does anyone know what router Virgin are sending out to new customers now? Does it depend on what speed you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Just cancelled Virgin after 12 years. Was on 35 per month for the last year.

Said I wanted the new customer offer of 35 for 12 months or cancelling so they went ahead and cancelled.

Happy to move to Sky tbh.

Do virgin ever attempt to keep you after cancellation kicked off?

• Advertisement

Silly virgin

customer loyalty should be paramount

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no such thing as customer loyalty when it comes to things like subscription services. Customer loyalty is seen as a weakness to be exploited where existing customers don't shop around for a better deal.

There was

until this year I always got a decent deal ref car/ house insurance

not this year

gas / electric ⚡️ yes

Digiweb gig offer, it says free installation on their FB page yet says 29.99 on their website. anyone know which is correct?

I see pure is also doing gig for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭honda boi

Where did you see pure doing GB speed at €40?

Currently with them on 35mbps on €30 a month.

Getting fibre installed in 2 weeks and they said GB speed is 50€ a month .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Yeah, couldn't agree more. I wouldn't care if they handed me a bag of diamonds....run away from EIR....

Saw it on bonkers but they prob only give it to new customers. Pure don't seem to do any loyalty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

FWIW my brother and my nephew went with Pure at 500 Mbps on the OpenEir cable (or maybe more correctly the Eir Rural 300K). Happy out, they say they particularly like that they get through to someone who is helpful any time they call. They got €35 a month for 12 months, in theory this goes to €55 after that, but they got a strong hint that they would get the same rate again if they pushed for it. 1 GB is €40 (€70 after 12 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I rang them about signing up as opposed to the website. To avoid any doubt I did ask them to confirm that it was 1Gig and free installation and he said yes, free installation on SIRO but OpenEir FTTH you have to pay activation for. I have both SIRO and OpenEir FTTH available to me and the price is much better on SIRO with Digiweb than the OpenEir network for whatever reason.

Had VF via Siro

now I’ve eir BB

( non tech person here)

is there a difference ref speeds ?

eir is a steady 490/500 MB down

upload speed isn’t a patch on vf though,

had problems on occasion with VF,

used go down on occasion but I have to say their CC was really good.

I said similar for years until recently,

hope against hope that they’ve improved their customer care training,

VF CC is second to none,

but they wouldn’t not couldn’t match tbe deal eir gave me,

I was with them years but they just wouldn’t match eir,

I was fed up ringing them , went from loyalty team to sakes n back again and again-

no joy

When with VF my upload speeds were up around a steady 180 mb,

don’t know if it really matters as no gamers blast 6 months,

have an nvidia shield for streaming but no issues so far

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mun1

My Digiweb 500 on NBI is expiring on 1st dec, do i need to cancel the contract or just let it lapse. I’m going with Pure for €35/mth

Afaik u have to give 30 days

at least with vf I did

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Gardener

I rang SKY this morning to notify them of my intention to leave at the end of the month when my contract ends and before the price doubles from €30 to €60 per month. Without any bargaining I was offered another twelve months at €30 per month and no contract to keep me tied to them. I've only got their Siro based Ultrafast (500mb) package, no phone or TV subscription, Happy Days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

That's a good deal. So as it is without a contract, does it mean that the 30 EUR price will remain for over 12 months?

I called Vodafone yesterday, also to renew SIRO 500 mb, and currently paying 35 EUR a month. They offered either 40 EUR a month for a 12 months contract, or 45 EUR a month with no thereafter. None of them are good for me so I will switch to either Pure or Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Would the VF offers be subject to their annual price increase of CPI + 3% each April?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

As far as I understood no for the 45 EUR a month. It's a fixed price.

Gave me basically the same thing

I left

I think the opposite, all sky, vf, eir prices are subject to this. With vf, this is the normal price as opposed to others have the non discounted price

I was told by Sky's customer rep that I'll have that price (€30) till December 2024. I called SKY before initiating a switch to another provider if that makes any difference. I know that other posters in this thread were offered similar to this by Sky.

Post edited by The Gardener on

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

Was eying up this thread as was out of contract next month but sky emailed me out of the blue and extended me for another year at €30. Very happy with that I must say 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

VF contract will be coming to an end soon. Currently paying €45 pm for 1Gb along with off peak phone and always on service.

Fairly happy with them to be honest but also happy to jump ship if I get a better offer. Must be SIRO. Considering the Sky Stream and Broadband (500mb) offer for €50 pm. Also considering the Digiweb €35 pm 500mb inc phone offer.

Main worry is around the Sky router. I've heard the Fritz!box used by Digiweb is supposed to be excellent. We have a lot of smart devices constantly connected and in use so signal strength and performance is a must.

Is the Sky modem for SIRO any good?

We were with Vodafone until this time last year and in my opinion there is very little difference between the routers. Having said that, we have no gamers in the house, just a bit of streaming (Music and Movies), and normal internet traffic on laptop, tablet and smartphone. While we downgraded from 1 gig broadband and phone with Vodafone to 500mb and no phone with Sky there is no noticeable drop in speed or coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,444 ✭✭✭Nollog

I have the sky stream deal, sky store is broken in Ireland since before September on it and they're aware.

The router is fine, not as fancy as the Fritz box, but that's a very "premium" router.

I'm able to do everything I need with it, port forwarding, hundred plus wireless devices, different subnet, even works with my wifi repeater to add VPN magic which I thought it might hijack.

Also it doesn't reset your outside IP (v4) address every night at random times like Vodafone do, which for me is my favourite.

Advertisement