Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM 2023 transfer requests

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wantstobefit

I have two entries as my husband and myself can no longer take part.

Hi I have two entries for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I notice people looking for face value plus transfer fee. Is it not the case that the receiver of the number pays the €30 fee when they get an email to accept the number, the fee does not go to the seller as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fergus McAuliffe

Hi @wantstobefit is this still available? I'm looking for 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Yes, as part of the transfer you will be prompted to pay 30 euros which goes to the organisers as an admin fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Stitcharoo

Hi, I've an entry for sale. Gave it until today to see how injury was but no go for this year unfortunately. DM me in interested.

***Sold***

Post edited by Stitcharoo on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭positron

Just heads up that the transfer window closes tonight - Midnight on Monday 31st of July.

hi yes it’s available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RyanJx

I have a transfer available if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martincarey

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

I know I'm late to the party on this but have got it in my head that I would love to do the marathon this year. If anyone has an entry I can buy please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wuway

If anyone has to pull out of the DCM or half-marathon I would be grateful if they could get in touch with a PM.

I am happy to pay for the ticket entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

Hi All,

I can't run in the Dublin marathon and have a spare ticket going.

If you are interested get in contact, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wegians2001

I also have a spare entry,

Phil.

philipronancoyle@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wegians2001

PM me

philipronancoyle@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 egolitious

Hi I have an entry for both half marathon and DCM available for sale if anyone wants. Will do a deal on both if people wants to take the two off my hands. Will sell either for face value or if taking both will do a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Hi all. Question. is it possible to transfer now and name change?

I've been offered any amount of places for the marathon now but from what I gather I would still be running it under the original registered persons name. or has something happened around name changes?

Yes you would be running under somebody else's name. Transfer window has closed and number swopping is not allowed and can lead to all sorts of problems. Consider the possibility of you having a medical emergency and running with another persons number. Consider the problems it could cause the results coordinators trying to sort the age category results in the National Championships should you be blessed with the ability to run a fast time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

As said above you won't have your own name on the results or your entry for next year at this stage.

Although there may be a way to still get in via a charity,

CF Ireland for example https://www.cfireland.ie/get-involved/events-and-challenges/irish-life-dublin-marathon

Thanks Glencarraig. I understand the points you made. Thats basically why I assumed the organisers were trying to make efforts to facility name transfers because of the potential issues you raised with running under another name.

I'd like to go through a correct process of a name change but if there's no option for that then I like a large number of people are obviously going to run anyway under another name. there is any amount of places talking to most clubs. it happens every year.

they really need to address this I suppose. I was talking to other clubs and seems like any amount of places if somebody wants to run under another name.

• Advertisement

I did think that the transfer window was at the wrong time, closed way too early, could have been left open until September at least. The only other bit of caution is that if a registered club athlete is found to have sold his number he will be removed as registered with AI and will not be allowed to run (legally anyway) in future races. I know that selling of numbers will happen anyway but just to be aware of the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

It’s a wonder they couldn’t leave the name change window open for longer. I wouldn’t be familiar with the processes involved but would there be that much to warrant closing the window so early. I know they print your name on the bib but that’s it? A few races during the summer have allowed name change up to early in the week of the event.

Yep, when you think about it, it's just a few clicks of a keyboard to transfer the number and I doubt anybody really cares about having your name on a number, if you really want it get a black marker and do it yourself as thousands do anyway. A few years ago I damaged the chip on my marathon number the night before the race and went to the "help desk" on marathon morning, it took 2 minutes to give me a new number and there was no problem with my new number showing up in the results. Only problem was those that were tracking me on the damaged number were being told that I DNS.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

I would be interested in the half marathon entry - is it possible to transfer or would I have to use your entry? Thanks

yes agree with the posters that it would make alot of sense to allow official transfers closer to race. up to a month out at worst. end of July is baffling. People are going to run it either way. so if its an issue for organisers then they really need to sort this out.

last year I saw alot of male runners running with female name on their number and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

There is a psychological element to it.

People want to run under their own name, but will run under someone else's if that's the only opportunity available to them.

But

Next year, those people will make sure they enter the lottery, so that they run under their own name. This helps ensure that the marathon always sell's out.

If people knew it was easy to get a race number, weeks before the marathon, and run under their own name, there wouldn't be the same demand.

Also, a higher percentage of people who register 10 months before the marathon are likely to not take part, versus those who can get an offical race number 1 month out.

I assume, all marathons, prefer having only 70% of those registered, running on marathon day. I'm sure there is analysis done on what percentage of actual entrants race on the day. I'm sure all these global marathons only have staff numbers for the expected runners, rather than actual entrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MaryWagon

Entry for DCM available for sale, female number. As above says not a transfer just a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Male number available here, feel free to PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

Male entry available due to injury, message me if interested! Thanks

Advertisement