Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathway to New Degree if I Already Have a Degree

Options
  • 05-07-2023 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know what the story would be with applying to do a degree in college (Trinity, UCD, DCU, UCC, the like) when I already have a degree?

I already have a honours degree in applied social care from the Open Training College - then it was a part time degree course done while working in the job role.

I don’t want to apply to do a masters in social care.

How do I apply or (approach applying) to study psychology as a degree when I already hold a degree and I am a mature student (41 yrs old)?

I know there are conversion degree courses but they sound intense and a quick fix when down the line I would like to have opportunities to advance if I have the ambition to but I want the confidence in the subject I’ve studied (not just a quick two year conversion to say I have a degree in psychology).

Surely I don’t apply to CAO based on my LC results?

I assume I would be applying as a post graduate even though I’m applying to start a new degree from the beginning?

Would I be entitled to applying for grants?

Appreciate if anyone could give me some direction with this - I mean who do I ask? What would I be applying as; I’m not a CAO applicant?

It’s very frustrating as it’s hard to make progress towards my goal.

Thanks!

Post edited by Beasty on

Advertisement