Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Treatment in a work place

Options
  • 06-07-2023 9:30am
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi I would love to hear from anyone who has advice in this situation. I work in a company and I feel like i am being treated unfairly by the management. my area manager is never in the company but has all the say in the running of the company if and when she feels like it. She has a sister that works in the company who is just a general operator just like myself and 3 other employees we have one supervisor. The problem is is that the sister can say what she likes to me and complain abouth my work to me and to other staff members it’s not her position to do so or to give any criticism to me Or to any other member off staff . I feel like she is allowed to come in and out of work when ever she pleases she does the most minimal work out of us all. We are all contracted to come to work at 12 and leave at 4 but she’s allowed to come in at 11 and leave 3 and almost all the time leaves 15/20 minutes early but will sighn in and out of work that are contracted to her . Me and the other girls are not allowed to come in early and leave early if we were we would be issued a warning . I had brought this issue to the manager but I feel like it’s falling on deaf ears because they are sisters. I was told to put any complaints in writing and give to my supervisor who will pass it on to manager but noting ever gets done abouth it as they are sisters. I have heard that the manager repeats everything that is said to the sister which I know is not allowed to happen and is very unprofessional of the manager . What can I do or what should I do or what can I say to manager

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,946 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Find a new job where you like the conditions more.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

The trouble is that you're not being unfairly treated. Rather the sister is getting preferential treatment.

I think your best course of action is to find a new job (it will be impossible to get the manager to treat her sister differently). Preferably coordinate it with the other two employees if they are of a like mind. With the three of you leaving at the same time, the manager might take it a bit more seriously for the future.

Presumably there is nobody above the area manager that you can complain to?

• Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 kidz2

Thanks for your reply. See the same is happening to other employees they are getting the same treatment as me and are all fed up with the treatment and the rudeness . When we voice our opinion about what is going on it falls on deaf ears and a week would go by and we would then be giving extra work to do it feels like we get punished for saying what’s on our mind. It’s actually a very big company and our area manager has a boss but we are just stuck on what can we do abouth it how would we go abouth it

Advertisement