Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steeples, Chapelizod

Options
  • 06-07-2023 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Hi everyone,

I am considering taking the apartment in this complex, can anyone please advise of the situation there? I've heard stories of Ballyfermot that are not so great but wonder is the same situation in this housing estate?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot!

Comments

• I live very near the Steeples in one of the streets behind Markievicz Park.

There is absolutely no trouble in lower Ballyfermot. All of the neighbours are very nice salt of the earth type Dubs. They have made me very welcome since I bought my house despite me being a culchie/outsider.

The G1/G2 bus service is excellent for town and goes 24 hours in the case of a night out.

That said, The Steeples it's self does look quite shabby and there constantly appears to be apartments for sale in the complex which is surely a sign of some underlying issues there. Also its not in Chapelozid its 100% in Ballyfermot, con by the management company to add a few pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am still considering it as kind of really liked the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LMurray

Hi,

I live in The Steeples & have done for a year & it’s a quiet development. I work in James’s Hospital so it’s really handy, 3km from work (I drive or jog but you can get the bus either). The cafes/pubs/pharmacy/Spar in chapelizod are a 10min walk, the entrance to the walk along the Liffey towards the War Memorial Gardens is <5min walk away. Chapelizod it has to be said, must be one of the most charming villages in Dublin. The Steeples eircode is D20 so officially it is Chapelizod even though it backs on to the Ballyfermot Road but that’s Dublin; one street is D10 & the next one across is a different eircode.
    there was trouble I believe about 20yrs ago however I haven’t experienced any issues since I’ve been here. I regularly meet my neighbours for coffee. I like it & would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I reckon there are few estate agents on this forum.

Living the life

• Advertisement
Advertisement