Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COYGIG - Women’s Football World Cup 23 **Mod Warning in Post #58**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I had to leave the house. Put up penalties please

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Next English keeper against Nigerian Substitue .

Ah no she missed too.

Next second English player. Its a goal :(

Come on Nigeria 🇳🇬

Awe no she missed.

Well that's that I would say.

England score.

Nigerias last chance

It's a goal they are still in it.

England score again.

Make or break now for Nigeria.

Wow Kelly that was a strike.

Well Nigeria through it away.

England through.

That's that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Dreadful standard in penalty taking....again.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

England should at least make the semis now. Colombia or Jamaica next. Should have enough for them but likely Australia or France in the semis. The winner will come from the top half of the draw. Japan Spain or Netherlands would do a job on this England team if they keep putting performances in like v Haiti or today.

Ms

I must say that was lovely of the two English players to go over to the Nigerian Keeper to help her up and make sure she was OK. Where were her players do?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

What a pass by Fowler, Australia 1-0 up, Caitlin Foord.

Ms

So Australia in the lead against Denmark. Great goal. Totally unexpected as Denmark were looking like the better team with the more chances. Should make for an interesting game now. She scored in the 28th minute by the way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Wicked deflection and just inches wide, 2-0 would be a bit unfair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Didn't see the Eng v Nig game and hugely surprised that Nigeria took it to penos. Shows how tough a group we had. Would be great if Aus went on to win it

Great goal, 2-0 bit unfair on Denmark though, it's been fairly even.

• Advertisement

I like the sarcasm in Alan Cawley's voice talking about the crowd noise, as if they are in the stadium.

The big Irish head on Polkinghorne.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, the scoreline flatters Australia : 2-1 or 3-2 would be a much better reflection given the amount of chances so far at both ends.

Good for the tournament that the host nation progresses though.

Ms

It will be Australia V France I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Australia beat France very recently in a friendly, so might well fancy their chances there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I was impressed by two teams in this, Japan and Sweden. They play each other on Friday. I think Sweden will win and then win out the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

England in the last 8 despite a pretty poor showing so far. That’s a bit ominous for the others.

They show no signs of panic when things aren’t going their way. There was no reaction when they were reduced to 10. They just got on with it.

I think their coach is responsible for that.

The red mist came upon Lauren James. She will need to be disciplined by the management for that.

I’m glad it was a black girl fouling a black girl because if James had been white we’d have to listen all about how racist England are for the longest time.

Mary Earps is the best goalie in the world right now. My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I just saw the dirty stamp by the English player on the nigerian player. Pure filth

I would say more petulant than anything else, even though it deserved the red card. She clearly meant it but it was really a petty red card incident, rather than out and out violent play.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,540 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She is the only one I have seen in an ad. Sponsor will be a tad miffed.

I agree on the petulance point though.

Does she miss a game now?

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes she misses at least one game maybe more. Her World Cup is over I would say anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I've heard she could miss as many as three games, as it was a straight red for violent conduct - meaning her World Cup may effectively be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,864 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sweeping statement when Rachel Daly and Chloe Kelly's were as good as you'll see anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TheProudHighway

I’d be pretty sure that poster is not even watching any of the matches so you can take all of his statements as sweeping.

Can see this going to penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

This is the problem with big stats about big events like this.

They don't show a true picture.

What you need to do is look at the viewing/attendance figures for the far lower profile events.

Only then will you see how deep or shallow support for a sport is or whether interest is growing.

The viewing/attendance figures for an Australian women's soccer league game in six months time will be a trurer reflection on how the sport is going than big headline events like this world cup.

Great finish by Usme

Ms

So 1-0 to Colombia. They look like the better team. First half was not great at all do but second half certainly looking better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Colombia go through, they'll fancy their chances against England.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Well thats Colombia through to the next round. Well done to them. They were the better team although Jamaica did not do bad in that second half.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement