Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triton t90sr temperature not adjusting right

• 06-07-2023 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I'm having an issue with my shower.

So when the shower is on the 2nd setting(most powerful setting), on the coldest temp setting on the dial, the water is very hot. When I turn it up to the hottest, it then gets even hotter.

So it feels that it only has 2 heat settings now. Very hot or extremely hot. No cold water runs through.

When the shower is on the 1st setting it seems to operate normal. When on cold setting it is cold, when on hottest setting it's hot.

Any ideas on why the issue with the 2nd setting?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Restriction in water flow possibly. Try taking off the shower head and then also the hose to see if it resolves the issue.

Are you using the original shower head and hose? Are you in a hard water area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Had a similar issue myself, the variety in the heat was minimal even turning the temp dial. In my case it was a clogged filter I think. If I remember correctly it was a White housing type thing with a mesh (few years ago now). Cleaned it as best I could and seemed to fix the issue. If you are going at the shower though be careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I have the exact same issue. Hard water in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭John.G

With setting to its coldest just hold a bucket under the shower head for 30 secs and measure this into a 1 litre container and X 2, this gives the flowrate in litres per minute, LPM. It should be > than 8LPM. At a now mains temp of 20C the flowrate needs to be 6.4LPM to give a comfortable showering temperature of 40C or 3.2LPM on 1/2 power. Then remove the shower head and hose and measure the flowrate again, if flowrate is still poor then heating can probably full of lime scale or, but more unlikely, a pump problem. Obviously first port of call is to check the filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭blackbox

At this time of year, the water from your attic tank is probably more than 10 degrees hotter than it is in winter.

If all incoming water was at the same temperature, they would only need one heat setting.

Usually with electric showers it is hard to get them hot enough with a good flow in winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭honda boi

Thanks all. Will try these out when I get home after work.

Ye it's tank fed the shower, never had this problem the last 2 years since we got it.

Very odd but will try out the suggestions and update you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

30 years ago the top dial was known as the summer and winter setting.

Water is much warmer in the attic tank in the summer. In a lot of homes this means that the water will be too hot on the two elements setting (winter setting). On very hot days you will need to change to one element (summer setting) & reduce the flow on the bottom dial.

Over the last few years manufacturers have confused people by rebranding the element dial with green, eco, labels. The old summer /winter idea didn't confuse. Electric showers haven't changed how they function in the last 30 years. Trying to rebrand settings as eco rather than explain how to use these settings isn't helpful to the consumer ino

Even if the attic tank temperature reached 28C (max allowable) then the shower temperature with the control to max cooling (8LPM) shouldnt exceed 44C on setting II, I have measured a Tank temperature at 25C so max shower temp will then be 41C. On setting I, a flowrate of 4LPM is sufficient to give the above values.

Hi all,

Sorry the delay in response. Been a hectic month.

So had some time today to look at it.

Took the cover off the shower to see if I can find a filter. Honestly wasn't sure what I was looking at so put the cover back on.

I disconnected the hose coming from the shower and it turned it on.

All came out normal, water was at normal cold temp when on cold setting and got gradually hotter as I turned the dial. So looks like its an issue with the shower heads.

It is one of those showers that has an overhead shower head and a normal hose head.

My guess it's this splitter that could be restricting flow and causing the issue?

not sure how they should be but to me it looks very restricted no?

I thought the Triton T90SR has just a hose with the shower head attached, period??.

Here are a few photos of the filter with the cover removed.

• Advertisement

Thanks John.

Am I right In thinking to remove that filter, I need to stop the water supply from the attic?

Yes, shut off at the cold storage tank outlet, there may be 2 unmarked outlets so shut both, you will drain off ~ a Liter or so of water in the pipeline when you open the filter

When you are finished just crack (barely) open the isolating valve and replace the filter and cover when water comes out, open the isolating valve fully, then open the bleed screw until water comes out then close it, turn the temperature control to max cold, put the power switch to cold then switch on the shower, when the flow is normal return the flow/power settings to normal.

Post edited by John.G on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pipitka

Installed Triton T90sr...followed instructions. Why water is running absolutely cold? The technician may come only in the new year. Any advice plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You may have an older t90sr that has a commissioning pin that needs to be moved? The did away with the pin around 6 months ago.

You may have an airlock. Turn bottom dial all the way to the blue /cold and see have many times you fill a litre jug in 60 seconds. You should be able to get at least 5 lpm. Less than that suggests an airlock.

Unlikely, but you might have a faulty TCO. You won't be able to source a replacement one until the new year

There is still a locking screw (according to this April 2023 installation manual) whick prevents the power selector spindle being turned from the cold position but would think pipitka or installer has removed this and selected both elements on.

Strange though why they state that "at this stage no water can flow through the unit"

Advertisement