Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Cashback Promotion

Options
  • 07-07-2023 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently bought a couple of Samsung devices at the beginning of last month which came with a cashback promotion of €85 each, claimed, and was immediately approved for both. Their T's & C's say it can take upto 30 days for the claims to be paid out, but the 30 days has come and gone and I can't get a reply from them via email or phone. Is this a scam?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If it's genuinely official Samsung, then it's 100% not a scam. Is it 30 days or 30 business days?

It would be a scam if you got through to them and they said you won't get the offer. Keep trying to find ways to get onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

In the end I had to call them as I couldn't get a response by email. The guy basically told me they have a huge backlog of claims and that I'll have to wait, despite it saying clearly on the promotional text that claims are paid out in 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I just got an email from them, as follows:

Good Morning,

We are contacting you regarding your claim, number XXX-XXX-XXX

Unfortunately, due to the promotion being very successful, we are experiencing a high volume of claims, and there could be a delay in receiving your reward.

However, we can confirm that your payment is still processing.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

So, in short, there "could" be a delay (my claim was approved 36 days ago and their promotion's terms state you'll be paid within 30), Samsung's success is a problem I have to deal with, and they can't provide a timeframe on when I will be paid out. Having checked the TrustPilot reviews for this promotion, it seems delays are the norm, not the exception. There has to be some kind of consumer legislation against this type of thing, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i got the cashback yesterday for this promotion, however i had applied at the very start of the promotion

Advertisement