Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoted teams (AKA the value thread) 23/24

Options
  • 07-07-2023 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭

Any love/value in players from Luton/Burnley/Sheffield?

I know nothing about these teams yet, so will have to do more research. Currently all players in these three teams are under 5.5, so I'm sure there'll be one or two value players there.

Luton will probably go straight back down, but they have the easiest (on paper) start to the league. Lockyer (def,) could be good for bps due to his amount of clearances. I don't know why he's not on the FPL system yet, as he signed a new contract with Luton yesterday. Alfie Doughty (4.5m, def) is also a possible option as he takes most corners.

Sheffield United have a pretty small squad (17 outfield players), I'll wait to see if they sign anyone of note. Ahmedhodzic Def (4.5m) scored 6 goals, 2 assists and kept 16/32 clean sheets. Iliman Ndiaye might be a good cheap striker. Only 23, 5.5m and was one of two players to get double figures for goals and assists last year (14 goals, 10 assists), also Sheffields player of the season.

Burnley have always been a solid, if not spectacular side. Also all their players are under 5.5m. The one I'm looking at is Josh Brownhill (mid, 5m) who scored 7 times and had 8 assists. Takes corners and set pieces for them as well.

Any other value players out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭macraignil

Not seen much of the promoted teams playing last season but read that Bell from Luton and Beyer from Burnley are both likely to play and at 4mill they seem like potential bench fodder options to allow for more investment in other parts of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Baldock seems to be starting

Advertisement