Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Certificate Waiting Times Survey

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fabarm12345

submitted a .22 application on Monday the 27th of may I have a .22 pistol and a .22rifle

Mnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rescueme0007

That's not a valid reason for the Superintendent to refuse. The Superintendent is as amenable to the law as the rest of us. My approach would be to speak with the Superintendent and advise that the reason given (which you must receive in writing) is not valid, that failure to resolve at this stage will result in an appeal in the District court. It clearly indicates that this individual has insufficient training and/or education in firearms. Also, that you'll be seeking court costs and expenses from both the AGS and the Superintendent personally, as he is acting ultra vires in the matter of the refusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Too late. There is a 30day limit in which to appeal.

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,021 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

From the moment you receive the refusal in writing that is …Two can play that game too.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

SO, grant letter for daughters gun arrived dated 29th May.

Five months and 3 weeks since process started.

Cavan.

The last twist of the drsma was having to hand in my 3 licences to get them updatd

Moved into a newbuild beside the original ùfarmhouse, so eircode was now different.

Was afraid they'd be lost or something, but turned up today in post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mauser777

Just on the above. I should have posted sooner I got sorted have my rifle as the others here say don't be afraid to stand up for yourselves we are not breaking any laws by questioning a super as to why he doesn't want to follow them. Know ur rights study up on the gun laws a little and the tables will tilt in ur favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

granted application in yesterdays post. March 30 - June 20. Over 11 weeks

To be fair to the FO in Kerry he said that they are stretched and it should have been issued sooner. Just glad to have it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,021 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

"Pre ban " SACF cleared on Friday with about 17 days overdue in Henry St Limerick.Rang Thursday to see what the Rory is to be told the chief had cleared it and it was in the mail Friday. So good enough service there from AGS.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm over 6 months waiting for a .308 rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭clivej

Advertisement