Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vegas advice

• 09-07-2023 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi all, doing 6 nights in the park later this yr. First night flight plus transfers mean I won't check-in til after 8pm at earliest. Was thinking of shortening the stay to 5 nights at park and slumming it in Excalibur on that 1st night due to late check-in. Both mgm properties so will be grand from the rewards side and the betting etc. Price difference is 150€ for that one night. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Check in time for Park seems to be 3 pm so you're only losing 5 ish hours there if you don't arrive until after 8 pm on your first night.

If you stayed Excalibur the first night the check out time is 11 am the following day so you'd have 4 hours before you could check into Park.

After a long trip I'd rather just check into the Park on the first night and be done with it. No getting up early the next day after a long trip, no moving hotels. I probably would be more inclined to do it when I were younger but now that I'm older I couldn't be bothered. I'd just go straight to the Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

"slumming" it in the Excalibur makes it sound like a kip.

TBH I stay in the Excalibur each time I go, gone every 2 years for the past 12 years and think it is a perfect hotel ( 5min walk from NY NY and MGM)

My advise for anyone going to Vegas is book Excalibur, the room are fine and you are only sleeping in them ( alot of money can be saved)

Unless people have money to burn I can't see the appeal of staying in Ceasers, Bellagio Wynn etc when the only thing you can't access in every hotel is the room, everything else is accessible. It's not like if you aren't a guest you cant get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Such nonsense. Slumming it in the Excalibur.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

In my experience, the quality in the 30+ yr old Excalibur is very hot and miss and wedged with kids. Hence the slumming comment in comparison to the park which is much newer renovation. If you have nothing constructive bar "nonsense" please feel free not to comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭deisemum

If you want somewhere central I can recommend the Jockey Club Suites beside the Cosmopolitan. Reasonably priced and very central and when I stayed there at Easter it didn't have a resort fee though I think they've done away with resort fees in Vegas since May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭bartkingcole

Was there a tax thing going on with resort fees or just nickel & diming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭bartkingcole

Checking in and out of a hotel can be a bit of a PITA and then add in a move. Might be calmer to just stay in the one hotel, arrive, unpack etc. although I do see your reasoning as will probably be a not brain dead after a long flight with jet lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭deisemum

Most hotels charged between $30 - $50 per night when I was booking for the end of March this year. The Jockey Club Suites didn't and we had views of the strip and there was a living room with kitchen and dining area then double doors into the bedroom with bathroom and walk in wardrobe off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I don't think resort fees will ever be done away with, Vegas charge for everything, this is a huge money maker.

I think they were more so looking at incorporating it into the price. i.e. $50 a night plus $30 resort fees.... just put it as $80

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Yes my booking included the resort fees so at least u can see it's there. Thanks all for the input. Iv decided to stick with the park. Haven't stayed there since it was the Monte Carlo so hoping it is half decent

• Advertisement
Advertisement